Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsman Gun FALSE PROMISES!

SD Regular

Sportsman Gun FALSE PROMISES!

Well I've been let down...and lost a day of work to boot...thanks to a false promise from Sportsman Gun in Exeter.

I telephoned on 25 July to order two pairs of binoculars. Paid the money etc., and was told "They'll be with you on Tuesday".

Well they weren't and won't be. Parcelforce now say that it will be sometime on Wednesday as the things weren't actually sent off by Sportsman Gun until 28 Juky. That's Monday! By their usual Parcelforce 48.

I'm off to France on Thursday, these were intended as a gift to a friend there, and I am not going to now miss another day, Wednesday, off work waiting for these things having already lost a day relying on a false promise. When if they'd told me Wednesday I could have had that day of work given up instead.

So I've called Sportsman Gun and told them that there will be no one here to receive them, so they'd better go back, and sort out a refund. I wait and see!

But what really has caused my upset is false promises of a delivery day being made, losing a day of work, and yet these things were ordered and paid on 25 July yet not sent until 28 July.

And as they were sent by standard Parcelforce 48 then it's nobody's fault but Sportsman for over optimistic false promises.

I am not impressed!

Lesson one. Sportsman have a less than great rep for delivery times,
    Lesson two, what the website says they have 'may not be up to date'
    Lesson three, order stuff in time to allow for delays

I do feel your pain, as anything I have ever ordered from there has been a cok up all the way from ordering to arriving, and to be honest, if you order anything, from anywhere, on a Friday, can you really expect it to be sent before Monday ?
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

SD Regular
    No I didn't think so either.

Which is why I am very unhappy about being told "You'll have it on Tuesday".

lesson five! if you cant see it on the shelf walk away the SGC, all of them !! are well known for selling ghost stock and seem to inc a free bull crap bla bla with every delivery or promise by date .
    They are so big they have forgotten its the small man who buys most of the kit and its not hard to get a real bad name , with one time buyers that are not going back! tell the truth and folks then know what's what !!.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    Lesson four, buy from Uttings!
    You must be bloody joking - I will never deal with that bunch of con artists ever again.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Sportsman Gun FALSE PROMISES!

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    Lesson four, buy from Uttings!
    Lesson four, buy from 1967Spud.
    Last edited by The tramp; 29-07-2014 at 23:04. Reason: spelling
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I second that, Spud always
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Well I've got another none to good story from sgc. Just a few months back I seen they had a lot off bushnell gear at good prices due to them buying up remaining stock. Anyway I fancied the legend ultra 4.5-14, I checked online and it was in stock but due to being stung with the 'sorry out website wasn't up to date' bull before I called up, got a very helpful chap who said it's in stock took my payment details and was told it would be dispatched the next morning so a couple of days passed and nothing and after a week I called them back only to be met by some snotty nosed wee a&@ehole who told me that it wasn't in stock and I'd half to wait like everyone else and to top it off he told me when there next order comes in it wouldn't b at the discounted price and I'd have to pay the remainder before dispatch - none of this was discussed on my initial call when placing the order. Needless to say the order was swiftly cancelled and they won't b recieving any of my business again!!

Aye ... But .....
    All these cancelled orders ?....
    Actually checked to see if money been returned????
    I had that problem with them & took a ball ache to actually get the refund
    Never again