Goodbye my old friend

pierred

Today with regret we had to say goodbye to my dear friend and companion Hooch , to those that knew him he was the gentle giant but don't be fooled he would guard anything I left him with as though his life depended on it , he was a trusted member of my family and to say we are devastated is an understatement. For the last few weeks his hips have got considerably worse and for the last few days he has been unable to stand unaided so after a visit to the vet and a discussion about our options myself and my son made the difficult decision to let him go , now I am sitting here selfishly full of regret I miss him so much it hurts I just could not bear seeing him in so much pain.
Rip hooch I will see you in the next life.

Its the hardest thing to face when you have had so many good times ,i lost my dog three weeks ago ,it still hurts ,you will get support on here from the members ,many of the posts i have read have been heartbreaking
gundog

We all miss them but as we get older we have memiores of the red letter days we had with them and when things go tits up which we laugh at now. Sorry for your loss

Hi Big man

I am so sad for you Pierre, may he rest in peace and find peice where he rests.

regards

bob.

Sorry to here that mate. It's one of the hardest things a dog owner has to do even when it's for the the best at least he's not suffering.
all the best mate

Today with regret we had to say goodbye to my dear friend and companion Hooch , to those that knew him he was the gentle giant but don't be fooled he would guard anything I left him with as though his life depended on it , he was a trusted member of my family and to say we are devastated is an understatement. For the last few weeks his hips have got considerably worse and for the last few days he has been unable to stand unaided so after a visit to the vet and a discussion about our options myself and my son made the difficult decision to let him go , now I am sitting here selfishly full of regret I miss him so much it hurts I just could not bear seeing him in so much pain.
Rip hooch I will see you in the next life.
Bugger......
Never nice but you've done your old pal a favour,you did the right thing so don't feel bad......

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

You'll never ever forget the times you had......good or bad and look back with a smile....
Dogs are much more than tools.....
Sorry for your loss Pierre

You obviously thought the world of Hooch or you wouldn't`t be feeling the way you are at the moment, rest assured you did the right thing, think of all the good times you had together
I hope I can act accordingly and without emotion when the time comes, I haven't been able to in the past it just breaks your heart

Bob

Bugger......
Never nice but you've done your old pal a favour,you did the right thing so don't feel bad......

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

You'll never ever forget the times you had......good or bad and look back with a smile....
Dogs are much more than tools.....
Sorry for your loss Pierre

That poem says it all

Bob

Sorry for your loss mate, I know it's hard and hurts like hell. I've lost two myself this year and have a tear running down my cheek as I write this, memories of the good times flooding back and I'm sure you have bucket loads of good time memories to get you through
RIP Hooch.

Pierred

I am so sorry for your loss I know exactly how you feel as I lost My little Border 2 weeks ago.

Kind regards Jimbo

Sorry for your loss :( I took Oakley on his last ride 8 weeks ago Still turning round to look for him now.

Back