Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To mount or not to mount........?

To mount or not to mount........?

I shot a nice munty buck tonight, by no means medal quality but fresh pelage, hard antler (fractionally still in tatters but really not much) really even head, I've caped him and stuck him in the freezer, what do you reckon? Shall I get him done?
    I've been toying with having a shoulder mount done for ages, and what I'd like is to get one of my reds done but I don't quite live in the baronial mansion required to set that sort of size trophy off so perhaps a munty might be more fitting.......? Attachment 45166
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I shot a nice munty buck tonight, by no means medal quality but fresh pelage, hard antler (fractionally still in tatters but really not much) really even head, I've caped him and stuck him in the freezer, what do you reckon? Shall I get him done?
    I've been toying with having a shoulder mount done for ages, and what I'd like is to get one of my reds done but I don't quite live in the baronial mansion required to set that sort of size trophy off so perhaps a munty might be more fitting.......? Attachment 45166
    Get him mounted!

Mount!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Get it across to Chris R for a measure and ask him to take it to Colin Dunton. He does the best Muntys I've seen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Looks like a nice head, and clean cape. Just remember when you freeze it to make sure it is well wrapped as its the tips of the ears that get freezer burnt easily. And it is a pain in the arse when they do get burnt to take the cartelidge out.

ATB
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sws View Post
    Get it across to Chris R for a measure and ask him to take it to Colin Dunton. He does the best Muntys I've seen
    Cant criticise his work, but just shy of 500 for a munty shoulder mount is more than I was thinking!!!

Its just north of 500..

480 was what I've been quoted.......

You may be better sticking an apple in its mouth and putting it on the dining room table!

350 with me.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.