To mount or not to mount........?

deerstalker.308

I shot a nice munty buck tonight, by no means medal quality but fresh pelage, hard antler (fractionally still in tatters but really not much) really even head, I've caped him and stuck him in the freezer, what do you reckon? Shall I get him done?
I've been toying with having a shoulder mount done for ages, and what I'd like is to get one of my reds done but I don't quite live in the baronial mansion required to set that sort of size trophy off so perhaps a munty might be more fitting.......? View attachment 45166

I shot a nice munty buck tonight, by no means medal quality but fresh pelage, hard antler (fractionally still in tatters but really not much) really even head, I've caped him and stuck him in the freezer, what do you reckon? Shall I get him done?
I've been toying with having a shoulder mount done for ages, and what I'd like is to get one of my reds done but I don't quite live in the baronial mansion required to set that sort of size trophy off so perhaps a munty might be more fitting.......? View attachment 45166

Get him mounted!

Get it across to Chris R for a measure and ask him to take it to Colin Dunton. He does the best Muntys I've seen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 40
Looks like a nice head, and clean cape. Just remember when you freeze it to make sure it is well wrapped as its the tips of the ears that get freezer burnt easily. And it is a pain in the arse when they do get burnt to take the cartelidge out.

ATB

You may be better sticking an apple in its mouth and putting it on the dining room table!

Back