Thread: Iceland firearms law

Iceland firearms law

Have just been granted an Icelandic reindeer bull tag, have rifle and mod on my efp ready to go but cannot find any info on the legality of sound mods, can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian.H View Post
    Have just been granted an Icelandic reindeer bull tag, have rifle and mod on my efp ready to go but cannot find any info on the legality of sound mods, can anyone help?

This pages seems to suggest that moderators are legal in Iceland. Although the document is regarding the argument to allow Canadian citizens to be able to use moderators, so maybe not the "gospel" truth.

http://members.shaw.ca/cronhelm/Imag...uppressors.pdf

Sounds like an excellent hunt nonetheless.

Cheers
    Last edited by 270Buck; 31-07-2014 at 10:54.

Established Poster
    I'm not sure on sound mods, but I do know the max caliber is a rather annoying 8mm. Having spent time in the wilds of the country, it's like the landscape was crafted for ELR shooting - crazy vast expanses with nothing there but steep dusty slopes in the distance...

Anyways have fun on your hunt, it is a magical place and they sure know how to party!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff View Post
    I'm not sure on sound mods, but I do know the max caliber is a rather annoying 8mm. Having spent time in the wilds of the country, it's like the landscape was crafted for ELR shooting - crazy vast expanses with nothing there but steep dusty slopes in the distance...

Anyways have fun on your hunt, it is a magical place and they sure know how to party!
    Have a great trip. Most Icelandic's speak good English so email these guys http://www.huntingiceland.com/ my experience is there is a pretty good gun shop in Reykjavik most hunters in Iceland I met use a 6.5x55mm or .270 and Bring a frame pack for carrying out the meat head.

Glendine
    Last edited by Glendine; 05-08-2014 at 14:14.