Thread: Munty bucks

Munty bucks

Afternoon gents ,
    after a couple of recent posts I've been wondering how many are seeing munty bucks in hard antler already ? I've seen two on here in the last week and it seems really early ? I shot two about three weekes ago still very much in velvet and on my little patch it's usually a lot later for them to shed velvet. Atb Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Afternoon gents ,
    after a couple of recent posts I've been wondering how many are seeing munty bucks in hard antler already ? I've seen two on here in the last week and it seems really early ? I shot two about three weekes ago still very much in velvet and on my little patch it's usually a lot later for them to shed velvet. Atb Jim
    Jim

Here in the balmy South that is Berkshire the bucks are just coming into hard antler - when I was out stalking two weeks ago I saw one that was clean and another still in velvet.

There's a couple of likely lads coming up from Herefordshire this weekend so hopefully muntjac will be on the menu as well as rutting roebuck!

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks WG and thanks again for the advice on calling I'm off down south in 7 days so who knows maybe there's a chance of a munty in hard antler
    best of luck to you this weekend
    atb Jim

The one I shot last night was hard but had remnants of velvet left to go, I saw one while I was driving around yesterday still fully in velvet, similar looking animal in terms of size etc so make of that what you will.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    The one I shot last night was hard but had remnants of velvet left to go, I saw one while I was driving around yesterday still fully in velvet, similar looking animal in terms of size etc so make of that what you will.....
    Thanks for the reply that was a cracking buck you shot there my mate ( taxidermist ) just did one very similar size as a shoulder. Mount abd it turned out great , atb Jim

I have seen a few bucks in the last week here in South Northants none in hard antler.Wf1

3 Bucks seen Sunday all still in full velvet Berkshire