Gold?

Bill Bartlett

Nice west coast buck defo a silver anyone think it may make gold? Superb all round head, pearling, colour, etc. Customer wants it mounting asap - feel it is worth measuring if it may make gold. His sons, first buck! Cheers, Bill.

Nice first buck.
the golds I have seen in the flesh look to have had a lot more weight to them, with thick, heavy horn throughout.

Im going to guess high silver. It could scrape a gold, but Im think it will just miss out. But an absolute beauty non the less, much nicer than some of the huge mass golds we see. Well done that man.
Hi Bill how are you.
Paul

Looks v similar to a big silver I shot a couple of years ago, agree needs to have a bit more weight.

D

I would like to know the length bill but looking from an untrained eye I would say mid to low silver and do I get a free mount if I get close lol. 119-120 But I think it should get measured with out doubt

Hi, Paul - yep it is a beauty, just not sure if it has the weight. I have had golds before with smaller antlers, but heavy skull? Keeping well, thanks, Muntjac coming up this week Paul?

Hi, Davie - antler length 26cms. Circumference of coronets 26cms. Will score well on colour and pearling. No deductions that I can see. Very regular head. I have had golds with same and smaller antlers, just that they had heavy skulls. This one has quite a short head so maybe the weight will not be there? Cheers, Bill.

He is a tall head and he is nice. The colour is ok but I think from the picture he is quite light. I will stick with my middle silver guess I hope your client gets it done

He is a tall head and he is nice. The colour is ok but I think from the picture he is quite light. I will stick with my middle silver guess I hope your client gets it done

Hi, Davie - cleaned head this morning and out in the sun all day. Current weight 626grms, less 10% - 15% after three months, could make gold???

i would say a score of 121 just off a formula on this site. would be nice to see what it makes??

Back