Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what price for level 2?

what price for level 2?

I have just finished my level 2, which consisted of 2 outings, shot 2 bucks and 1 doe, all were shot on my own ground, I have been quoted a price of 400 from the AW, is this about the going rate??

what does everybody else pay for theirs?

That is outrageous !
    I would not like to put what I would expect to be paid as my price is worked around expenses plus a bit for my time but tat that price I'd love to do AW ing full time !!
    What did the AW quote before you went out surely not 400 :-(

400 is a bit steep, you are being ripped off mate.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    It could be expensive, it could be cheap. Without knowing the details who can say?

Maybe there were extenuating circumstances, for example:
    Where did the AW travel from?
    Did he have to stay overnight somewhere?
    What did he quote you beforehand?
    Why did you book this particular AW?

Who would book an AW that was so far away they had to travel and stay overnight when there are so many other options, or was there ?
    As it was your own ground there is nothing to indicate that such a hefty sum should be charged, unless the AW found it hard to do the paperwork !!
    I was contacted once by a guy that had had so many AW's let him down I was a 'last chance' due to the distance.
    I travelled the 120 miles required and was put up by the guy and was so well fed and watered I felt guilty asking for fuel money.
    So yes, it can be cheap or expensive if no plans are made beforehand, but I still reckon 400 is way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    I have just finished my level 2, which consisted of 2 outings, shot 2 bucks and 1 doe, all were shot on my own ground, I have been quoted a price of 400 from the AW, is this about the going rate??

what does everybody else pay for theirs?
    What did you agree with the aw price wise before hand (must have been discussed surely?)?

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    I have just finished my level 2, which consisted of 2 outings, shot 2 bucks and 1 doe, all were shot on my own ground,
    I'm assuming the doe was a Munty

There's no set rate for AW services, but the ones I know charge roughly the same as a days stalking fee, so anything from 120 upwards. One thing I would point out is that you have been lucky to get it done in two outings. The average is 9 stalks and about a grand!!!! there are plenty of threads on here about it.

By the way, introductions are supposed to be for you to tell us about yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I'm assuming the doe was a Munty

There's no set rate for AW services, but the ones I know charge roughly the same as a days stalking fee, so anything from 120 upwards. One thing I would point out is that you have been lucky to get it done in two outings. The average is 9 stalks and about a grand!!!! there are plenty of threads on here about it.

By the way, introductions are supposed to be for you to tell us about yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ade

I think if you look carefully the OP has made an introduction in his first post.

Secondly I think it is a bit steep to charge that much. However if the AW is a full time stalker and has a living to make, and travelled to your ground from a fair way off, and had to stay overnight in lodgings it may have some bearing on the price being so high, and in which case as a full time self employed stalker it would make some sense.

But if he lives nearby and came over for the two outings and charged you that amount, well in my opinion you have been taken for a ride. If it had been me on my own ground you would have been charged only for the two stalks 150.00. I do not charge for the paperwork for Level 2.

Would be interested to hear what were the Aw's overheads, if any.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    The average is 9 stalks and about a grand!!!!
    Says who? I'm yet to meet anyone who took 9 stalks or anywhere near to it! I've also yet to meet anyone who paid anything like a grand. Utter tosh on both counts IMO! Where did you get your info from, a bloke down the pub?

Baguio

You mean I got of cheap at 150. That was 90 for the book, 2 stalks with a mate, I got one of the carcasses, and one with AW, 60 for access to his ground. If you are ready, find someone that is doing it for the love of it. There are a lot of good lads out there but don't waste their time.