Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: home loads problem

home loads problem

Hi
    I got a cz 527 varmint in 223 I got a problem with loading the bullets in the gun I cant push the bolt handle down
    I reload 50 grn v max i trim the brass down to 1.750 to min lenght and over all lenght after its 2.244 and some of the bullets wont let the bolt handle go down and others do and are abit stiff. there all the same make of brass im just cant figer out what it can be because factory loads will load perfect every time , the same with 50 grn sierra splitzers with over all lenght at 2.250 they work great to so I cant get my head around what it is
    If some body nows that all be brilliant .
    Cheers

You need to run your cases through a full length sizer or set your sizer up correctly send us ap m if you need further help
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Blog Entries
    It sounds to me like you cases are indeed over size and not pushing easily into the chamber.

The cases should be full length resized and trimmed if needed. Then try them.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    You need to run your cases through a full length sizer or set your sizer up correctly send us ap m if you need further help

Quote Originally Posted by nicky-hoskins View Post
    there all the same make of brass
    new brass?
    fired brass? if yes, was it your fired brass?

chamber one, then take it out unfired and look at the "brightening" rings
    shows where the chamber has squeezed it

as above though, its sticking on something, most likely an oversized case
    FL size to your chamber

Do not forget to chamfer & de burr the case mouths, this along with the above causes, can produce the problem you describe.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Cheers guys I'll give that ago tonite , the brass I use is rg brass

Quote Originally Posted by nicky-hoskins View Post
    Cheers guys I'll give that ago tonite , the brass I use is rg brass
    RG brass,
    No disrespect, but it is **** for reloading, it's about as consistent as a very variable thing. It's mass produced military brass, reduced capacity over 'civvy' brass and soft too.

Buy yourself some decent brass and start from there, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage already by using RG
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

OR YOUR BRASS IS CATCHING YOUR DIE WHEN YOUR SEATING THE BULLET?? WHICH I ONCE FOUND OUT
    CHECK ON THE BRASS ONCE YOU HAVE TRIED TO CHAMBER AND DONT FORCE THE CASE IN JUST ENOUGH TO GET THE CASE TO SHINE THEN REMOVE YOUR CASE FROM CHAMBER AND LOOK AT THE BRASS... THIS SHOULD POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WRONG.

ATB
    JON

Well if its just the rg brass why dose the hornady brass do the same to as well as the rg brass so end the day I reckon it's the not the brass its the die cause I gave it a good clean cause of the lube must of got it dirty over time now the bullets work perfect in the gun so its not the rg brass cause I use it all the time