Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NightMaster Atom

NightMaster Atom

Does anyone have any info re the Nightmaster Atom NV unit? I bought a NM800 and a little flyer came with the box showing the new unit (it mounts to the rear of the scope) and it looked nice and compact and easy to swap between scopes, no prove though so I bet it's expensive. I've emailed both Nightmaster and DereeLight but haven't had a reply so hoped someone may have some info or maybe recommend a similar unit.

There isn't another unit like it really, your only other option for rear mounted scope nv where you look through the scope and not a screen on top is the arrow. (see link at bottom of page)

Im Looking forward to seeing the atom, it think if the night master is anything to go buy they will put a lot of work into there r&d and should turn out a top quality product. So fingers crossed for when its launched.

Starlight Night Vision. Arrow Digital Night Vision Rifle ScopesS retails around £350

Other options are sniper cam, Nite Hunter retails at around £500

NiteSite - Home Viper retails at about £450

All prices are with out IR as you have a NM just get a IR pill for it think there about 40 in the neck section.

I don't like the NS the glare of the screen I'm not keen on, and don't like looking above my scope. The Sniper cam I'm not sure about the guy who builds them is very DIY and not sure if I would be happy with spending that much money, but recently i have seen some good results and heard good things, but would like to see how they are dealt with when it goes wrong. The arrow apparently works better on cheaper scopes.

I have a S&B pm2 so thats me out of luck. But I'm yet to try it my self. I am waiting to see what the pricing of the atom comes out at and have a look through it, then think I'm going to invest.

There is a second hand NV in optics section here which is going for half price. I just can't justify that amount on a nv though.

There isn't another unit like it really, your only other option for rear mounted scope nv where you look through the scope and not a screen on top is the arrow. Why not take alook at Markys NT300 go and have a look on the nv forum.

It did look like a nice bit of kit and no doubt expensive but worth it if ir was as good as the advert said. I'll try emailing them again and see if they will get back to me.

The Atom is not expected to be on the market until October or thereabouts. It looks a very interesting piece of kit and with the expertise behind it should be good.

Marky nt300
    Wardyvision & mini version
    ( products good , service allegedly difficult if listen to those who dealt with)

Not an add on but I have one. & love it .... Armasight drone pro

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    The Atom is not expected to be on the market until October or thereabouts. It looks a very interesting piece of kit and with the expertise behind it should be good.
    This. ^

The images seen so far are not photos, just simulations.

So far, no one has managed to design a digital rear-mounted add-on unit that doesn't extend significantly beyond the standard eye-relief of the scope, presumably because any device has to take the image it processes from that point. The challenge, therefore, is to put as little bulk as possible aft of the sensor so as to keep additional rearward extension to an absolute minimum. If the ATOM achieves this I will be the first to applaud.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Camo are you using a marky addon ?

Smallest one to date I believe according to folks more upto date on nightvision forum is the wardyvision mini

Good reports on Markys nt300

Quote Originally Posted by robert16 View Post
    Camo are you using a marky addon ?
    No just pointing out there are other options.