Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet feet again

Wet feet again

Went out for my first stalk yesterday for six weeks the grass was very wet and after the stalk My feet were soaked .
    my boots have sat in the corner of a room for quite a while due to illness and dried out completely I don't remember them leaking on my last trip out they have not had a lot of use since new so it came as quite a shock.
    does anyone know if drying out destroys the waterproofing in the fabric of the boots
    I will spend the next few days rubbing waterproofing oil into them see if it does any good
    shame as they cost over 200.
    only good thing was I got a nice 40lb buck within first hour.

Congratulations on your buck but I would have been gutted had my 200 boots leaked if only worn a few times. I do hope the waterproofing solves the problem.

What make and model of boots are they?

They are Harkila goretex pro hunter GTX 12 inch

gave them a good dose of mink oil last night .out this morning dry feet RESULT

Goretex liner should NOT leak stop spending loads s on high end rubbish get a pair of these for the monies you will not regret it best boot made period and wet feet a thing of the past I also learned the hard way....

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Goretex liner should NOT leak stop spending loads s on high end rubbish get a pair of these for the monies you will not regret it best boot made period and wet feet a thing of the past I also learned the hard way....

They look the job. What sort of price and where could I get a pair? Been doing a lot of searching lately before the season kicks off.

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    Is this the best thing on the market that will water proof them. I have some le chameus plenty of wear in them apart from starting to let water in a bit. I hear different things on nik wax products.
    Last edited by weeman; 05-08-2014 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
    They look the job. What sort of price and where could I get a pair? Been doing a lot of searching lately before the season kicks off.

They do more than look the job I can honestly say, when you wear them you just forget about them have a look here you should get a bargain.

NEW EXTREME COLD WEATHER BOOTS | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    Mink Oil is great good luck with the boots.

Glendine.