Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC2 holders. How many stalks to complete 3 ICRs and at what cost?

DSC2 holders. How many stalks to complete 3 ICRs and at what cost?

I took 4 stalks and it cost me my fuel so lets say 30. Nothing to do with anyone being better than anyone else as everyone's ground and circumstances are different. I'm just interested in seeing what the mean average is.

Baguio

Running total:

Baguio 4 stalks 30
    6Pointer 3 stalks 50
    Stalker.308 6 stalks 50
    ianc 12 stalks 200
    Timbrayford 3 stalks 600
    Limulus 5 stalks 245
    1995rs 3 stalks 0
    Eric Hamburg 16 stalks 500
    Apache 8 stalks
    Willie 12 stalks
    Wingy 4 stalks
    Stone 3 stalks
    Bandit Country 3 stalks
    Long_range_rob 3 stalks
    Tackleberry270 3 stalks
    berg 7 stalks
    verminator69 4 stalks
    willie_gunn 5 stalks
    Ranger22 3 stalks
    Dan Gliballs 3 stalks
    Stalker48 3 stalks
    trouble 3 stalks
    davidm 6 stalks
    nell 4 stalks
    arron 4 stalks
    Wingers243 3 stalks
    Simiester 3 stalks
    csl 11 stalks

Average for the 28 people who have replied so far is 5.25 stalks. Cost is too varied to give a useful and meaningful average as several people made money!
    Please keep them coming.
    Baguio
    Last edited by baguio; 24-08-2014 at 07:00.

One bottle of nice whisky no fuel picked up and dropped off at the door. 3 stalks same day two in the morning one in the evening.

6 stalks in all. Diesel the only cost and a bottle of beer or two!

12 stalks only mornings had to do some work to pay for fuel and contribution to expenses

3 stalks with Jelen, plenty of deer to stalk, AW and larder facilities included, cost 600

atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    I took 4 stalks and it cost me my fuel so lets say 30. Nothing to do with anyone being better than anyone else as everyone's ground and circumstances are different. I'm just interested in seeing what the mean average is.

Baguio
    If you go for the 'traditional' route of AW stalks, the average amount of stalks required to complete three ICRs is fifteen.
    However, the last time I quoted this figure (Which I have from an AW) I had a lot of quite critical responses, so maybe I shouldn't repeat it.
    Oops, I just did.

The new Park deer DSC2 scheme's work out much better and therefore despite the quite high cost for say a 2-day park deer DSC2 it is actually the cheaper route.
    And gentleman, when I say 15 I mean on average. So please no angry replies that you or someone you know did it in less than 15 stalks. Those that took 20 or more stalks will probably keep very quiet.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    If you go for the 'traditional' route of AW stalks, the average amount of stalks required to complete three ICRs is fifteen.
    Is there a shooting someone down in flames emote?

No I think you are quite right, it could take that many if not more. At the moment I am 4 stalks for no deer and its the start of the fallow season, all I keep seeing is does!!! That's stalking, at this time of year a high availability of food everywhere, in a few months time depending on how your ground is farmed it could get better.... or worse..... also depends on the species, fallow being nomadic are hard, roe more territorial a little easier at the right time, but in a deer park at least they cannot disappear I guess, but my choice was for truly wild deer and I got a little lucky.

5 stalks. First aw charged me 150 plus 60 for the stalk then 35 for the carcass, then wanted to treat it as a training exercise.
    2,3 cost me nowt and were successful
    4 cost nowt but blanked
    5th nowt and all icrs complete.
    as a thank you I took the second aw for his first sika stag, a six point he neck shot and was a bit chuffed with.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    However, the last time I quoted this figure (Which I have from an AW) I had a lot of quite critical responses, so maybe I shouldn't repeat it.
    Oops, I just did.

The new Park deer DSC2 scheme's work out much better and therefore despite the quite high cost for say a 2-day park deer DSC2 it is actually the cheaper route.
    And gentleman, when I say 15 I mean on average. So please no angry replies that you or someone you know did it in less than 15 stalks. Those that took 20 or more stalks will probably keep very quiet.
    Can people please just answer the question. Rumours about fictitious numbers that carry no substance is what I am trying to get to the bottom of! Thank you.

Baguio

3 Stalks. Friday AM in Yorkshire, then up to Scotland and did my other two stalks in the Am and Pm the following day.

sorry forgot to mention, my Yorkshire stalk cost me 60 for the stalk, 40 for the shot and 40 to write up portfolio.
    Last edited by 1995rs; 06-08-2014 at 16:35.