Custom rifle makers

Nick Fahey

Who comes highly recommended for making custom rifles?
The sort of rifle I am potentially thinking about would be a hunting rifle in matt stainless with a Mc Millian stock or similar.
Was looking at PRS, does anyone have a view? PM me if you prefer.

depends how rich you are!!!... :eek:

Steve kershaw at kershaw rifles based here in Yorkshire does some nice work......accurate shooters too and he isn't daft with his pricing!
;)

I have used Steve Bowers, excellent work but takes a while also Richard Pope is very good.

Callum at P.R.S will make a beautifull, accurate rifle, but it will cost £6k ish and quite a lot of that is for his name engraved on the action. Redmist will make a beautifull rifle, that will shoot a gnat's danglies off and you won't pay for his name.........for a wee while at least.

Hunter V, if Red' uses an avatar like you, how come you get to give out his details while keeping yours quiet. A guy who can create a string of rifles that shoot tiny bug holes doesn't need a degree to be a great rifle builder.
Red will undoubtedly identify himself to anyone who wishes to make use of his talents. Forums are surely an annonymous meeting place that can lead to private or public disclosure of personal details, it is not a place to use ones knowledge of others private lives unless they expressly permit it.

Hunter V said:
ejg said:
You could even ask Redmist off this forum.
He builds some fantastic rifles.
edi

He`s a Policeman not a Rifle smith which is a whole world of difference..

All the gunsmiths I've met locally have a second job in order to pay the bills, I don't see how it makes them any less capable.

In this industry you cant expect a glamerous secretary to usher you into a waiting room with a cup of tea whilst the gunsmith pulls themself away from the lathe to come through to speak to you.

Back