Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Vipers pst 4-16x50

Vortex Vipers pst 4-16x50

Anyone got this? I like 4-16 zoom scopes, but I need one which would be able to hunt at night in Germany and not cost the same as a Zeiss 4-16x50.

This has illumintion, so anyone tried it out?

Thinking about SFP reticle.

Funnily enough I've been looking at one of these today after my friend got the 3-10x44 last week and it looked very nice but I fancied the higher mag for foxing.

I really like Vortex scopes, especially the PST range, but I wouldn't choose one for low-light work.

If you want a lower-cost alternative to the 3 big Euro brands, I'd consider a Minox or a Meopta.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

I like Meopta, already have their Meostar 8x42 bino. They just dont make a illuminated 4-16x50.

Excellent scopes my son has one and reticule is fine and however I do not like the fact that all of it illuminates. Very well constructed and best lifetime warranty.

If I get a chance I will get out with it in the next few days and c/f against my Mk 4 Leupold and Meopta and feed back.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Renico View Post
    I like Meopta, already have their Meostar 8x42 bino. They just dont make a illuminated 4-16x50.
    You're right. 4-16 x 50 does rather tie you to a Vortex, or I would now be suggesting you consider the Minox ZE 5i 3-15 x 56.

Both the Meopta Meostar R2 2.5-15 x 56 and the Minox are significantly more expensive than the Vortex too. It's just that the Vortex PSTs are evidently not designed as European hunting scopes: the reticles and turrets aren't best suited for that role, and (I don't believe) light transmission is as high a design priority for Vortex as it is for the major European manufacturers.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

I may mention that it really mostly is sunrise - dawn my hunting is. I just want the scope to be "OK" for low-light hunting. Not top class. Next month im going for hunting in Germany, which is low-light and night. But its only once a season im going to hunt in low-light and thats why I thought a VorteX PST could be ok. PS: 56mm is for me "been there done that". Now I want 50MM

We supply Vortex. They are a superb scope we have some on the website Welcome To Deer Stalking Equipment and Clothing but I can get any of them no problem,
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Established Poster

Vortex Vipers pst 4-16x50

What about a meopta meopro 4-12x50? Better glass, less fiddly bits and a better suited reticle to hunting or the meopta meopro 6-18x50 which comes in a choice of 4 reticules. Both are better optically than the pst IMO but if bells and whistles are your preference over decent glass then go for the pst. Never needed illuminated reticules myself but each to their own.

Will you be using the vortex with night vision ?