Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larder fridge / drinks chillers

Larder fridge / drinks chillers

Hi All

Was wondering if anyone knows of or has information on anywhere in the Aberdeen area that sells cheap second hand larder fridges or drinks chillers? One step away from going round the local shops and asking if they are getting rid of theirs. There seems to be plenty of really cheap ones in Glasgow or Perth areas but transporting it up will out weigh the cost of buying a cheap new one up here.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Search on eBay, but then filter the search results by distance.
    That will list nearest items first.

Secondhand Catering Equipment | Refrigeration and Freezers

Always worth keeping an eye on the above link, nation wide and you might get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by stuartp View Post
    Search on eBay, but then filter the search results by distance.
    That will list nearest items first.
    Thanks for that.

Just to expand - I have exhausted these avenues such as gumtree and ebay and needs to be big enough for a roe. Yes something may come up in the Aberdeenshire area if I wait long enough on these sites but looking to secure something a bit sooner. Was wondering if anyone knew of maybe a fridge scrapyard or something similar where such items may be recycled?

There's a stainless one on Gumtree in Banchory I saw, been on for a fortnight unless the listing hasn't been updated for 200. It's hard to tell from the picture if its a full length one or not, just don't have the cash at the minute or it might have ended up in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick9abf View Post
    There's a stainless one on Gumtree in Banchory I saw, been on for a fortnight unless the listing hasn't been updated for 200. It's hard to tell from the picture if its a full length one or not, just don't have the cash at the minute or it might have ended up in my garage.
    Thanks Mick. Yeah saw that earlier. I could get a new larder fridge for close to that which put me off. Trying to get it down to around 100. Sometimes I forget that Aberdeen is its own overpriced bubble though!

Chris
    ( sorry assuming name from yer handle)

Diver Dave on here , pal of mine is Aberdeen & looking for one also preferably a double door I think
    Maybe worth a pm to him see if can collectively find summit together get a better deal for 2 ?

Paul

I got a larder fridge off Gumtree in great condition for 40 so just keep checking and something will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWill184 View Post
    Thanks Mick. Yeah saw that earlier. I could get a new larder fridge for close to that which put me off. Trying to get it down to around 100. Sometimes I forget that Aberdeen is its own overpriced bubble though!

Does anyone know whats the minimum size fridge for a roe to hang in??

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    Does anyone know whats the minimum size fridge for a roe to hang in??
    I would say 180 cm high (internal) or more. Have a look at this page on the Bushwear site. It suggests to fit the fridge converter, it has to be 180com high by 54-60cm wide and have external cooling coils.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....