Thread: Can you believe it....

Can you believe it....

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8520509.stm

Deer shot and left to die on private Wiltshire estate

A "considerable number" of deer have been found shot dead on a private estate in Wiltshire, police said.

The animals, which were shot with a rifle and left to die, were found on the Hamptworth estate near Landford.

Pc Fritz Macauley said: "These incidents are particularly nasty as the deer are just being randomly shot at and then left for dead."

The Wiltshire police officer added that the offenders were also trespassing to reach the animals.

Seen it a few times, normally when a stalker has taken 2 or 3 shots, found one deer and written the others off as misse s.

Am i missing something...

But i thought the press release is trying to point to at poachers mainly because it talks about trespassers surely if the estate where doing it themselves they wouldn't be trespassing...

Please enlighten???

Alex

I do think that this is a disgusting state of affairs if, it is indeed true that deer are being shot and left for dead.

That said I can't help but see the irony.

As I understand it this is where BDS regional director David Kenyon resides.

The BDS's "shine a light on poaching" campaign is obviously going from strength to strength, not sure they were trying to encourage people to get into it though!

Typical inflammatory press............ "A considerable number" EH!WHAT! another piece of non information,

I did wonder what Fritz meant by "left for dead" as it clearly states they were shot dead!

Bad choice of phrase especially as Fritz is our deer RTA co-ordinator here in Wilts

I live a couple of miles away.I know that deer were found on one of the rented farms on the estate. A considerable number being 5 found on this farm. (my wife was round there this week). Dogs may have been involved and apparently small calliber shots in the neck though these details seem a bit wooly to say the least so don't take that as gospel.
    If it is poachers you can't beat Hamptworth up about it as this farm is very easy to access and its easy to kick a man when hes down.
    There was talk in the pub last night that it was just a local woman with a mental alsatian on the loose that had taken them down.

Just spoke to Lwcdart, apparently it's an Alsation and a Labrador responsible and there's a bounty out for them...

Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge
    Dogs may have been involved and apparently small calliber shots in the neck though these details seem a bit wooly to say the least so don't take that as gospel.
    Small calibre toothmarks in the neck maybe?

Wouldn't be the first time that an uninformed journalist got it wrong.