Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHICH BOOT

WHICH BOOT

Hi folks, i thought i was set on the Miendl dovre's, but having read the replies on my other thread im not so sure.

The le chameau's seem to be favoured,but i'm not a fan.

Any other recomendations???

Nell

Haix Montanas. Never heard of them until they got a mention on this site. Coincidentally I was in the market for a new pair and having been put off by the adverse comments re: Meindls etc I have given them a try. They arrived a couple of days ago and look and feel very good - obviously time will tell!

Check out:

http://www.haix.com/eng/outdoorhunti...artikel=200301 and click in Download Features for all the techie detail.

If interested don't fart about trying to source a local supplier get in touch with:

http://www.workware.co.uk/

I found them very helpful and nice to do business with.

Lundhag Syncro Boot

Haix are a well made quality boot though. I`m in the process of abusing a pair at the moment,lol.

Meindl Dovre ....I'm on 5th pair now. Look after the leather though otherwise you will ruin them.

Meindl Glockners look stronger but I prefer high boots

i have had le chameau's and dont rate them , i do rate Lowa's a 100% boot there are lots of styles and types but all are A1 . i use Lowa supercamp and mountain gtx and really rate them both

hope this helps...neil

Hi nell,give the hunter torridon plus a look they really are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!and will not break the bank can not rate them high enough light waterproof tough as ole boot 8) wear em all day long

Quote Originally Posted by griffshrek
    i have had le chameau's and dont rate them , i do rate Lowa's a 100% boot there are lots of styles and types but all are A1 . i use Lowa supercamp and mountain gtx and really rate them both

hope this helps...neil
    I totally agree with neil having had lowa mountain gtx for six years before I started neglecting them and the leather dried out and cracked .....100% my fault. but they are that comfy I wont throw them out and I use them on dry days ,I bought a pair of le chameau's less than a year ago and they have already been repaired as three of the hooks broke off and the leather is not standing up to the punnishment as well as my old lowa's

Mouflons are les than average and squeak!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Matterhorns are good and cheap if you buy ex military ones from 'Evilbay'!

Another vote for Lundhag Syncro,i had mouflons before and they did last me 3yrs but like all gortex boots if they're going to get damp a lot they rot from the inside out IMO.
    Neil

boots

i was in the same boat as you last year. so many to choose from wich do i get?
    well i ended up with the le chameaus and they are the best thing i bought last year.