Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ford ranger xlt

ford ranger xlt

hi there,

i put a deposit down today on a ford ranger xlt 2007 plate supercab. its done 92000 miles with fsh and cambelt 3000 miles ago. going to pick it up on monday is there anythinhg i should look for on it like any common faults etc? also whats peoples opinion on a 90000 mile truck? is it high or should it be ok for a few years? im a bit worried now weather it was to high millage to be reliable. the seller has had it from new and said he has only ever towed a quad to and from the hunt?. also anyone that has one your opinoins would be appreciated.thanks

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    hi there,

i put a deposit down today on a ford ranger xlt 2007 plate supercab. its done 92000 miles with fsh and cambelt 3000 miles ago. going to pick it up on monday is there anythinhg i should look for on it like any common faults etc? also whats peoples opinion on a 90000 mile truck? is it high or should it be ok for a few years? im a bit worried now weather it was to high millage to be reliable. the seller has had it from new and said he has only ever towed a quad to and from the hunt?. also anyone that has one your opinoins would be appreciated.thanks

thanks

If the vehicle is in good condition and regularly serviced 90,000 mls is nothing to worry about at all, I have a 2006 model with 123000 on the clock like yours it has had one owner from new I really like the truck the 2006 model year (mine) has the madza wlt engine which was replaced with the duratorq engine in 2007 I believe its a common rail engine with more power and better economy than the wlt, overall just check what you usually would for any used vehicle they are a solid driver with good off road capability if you look after it it will last for years good luck with your new truck........D

We have one which we nicknamed the murder bus for obvious reasons... Comfortable, spacious, easy to drive and built like a tank! Only problem we had is the rear doors are a little cramped for jumping in and out of with a rifle or shotgun when its hammering down, otherwise were in the back!

The biggest change we did was putting proper mud tires on it and now it goes literally everywhere we need and when we finally got it stuck the tractor even struggled with the conditions

The one we picked up was a 56 plate for 3.5k but it has been battered, dent in every panel, never been serviced properly, towed god knows what but still drives lovely and pulls well!

Good reliable trucks if they have been serviced well. The one I use for work has done 80k and has only ever had a universal joint put on the prop shaft.

Al

Great trucks.....i bought a 2002 model a few years ago with 108k miles....now got 188k on the clock. Service it and you shouldnt have any problems. Obviously any second hand motor is a bit of a lottery though

iam happy with my 08 3lt wildtrack good motors better in my view than my old nissan or mitsubee but the denver would be my next truck if i need one.

Hi I had a 2004 ford ranger with 197,000 miles great truck no issues. Regular service and replace things as the were needed or just before I do a fair bit of driving up to 400 miles a day some weeks it returned avg 32 mpg

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Hi I had a 2004 ford ranger with 197,000 miles great truck no issues. Regular service and replace things as the were needed or just before I do a fair bit of driving up to 400 miles a day some weeks it returned avg 32 mpg
    Ive got an 04 plate with 194,000, I believe the regular 6000 mile service intervals have aided massively, so the fsh is good.

The only serious problem I've had was a new gearbox at 192,000, but I don't get the MPG that 300 WM gets I'm on about 23 mpg

As far as fuel consumption is concerned with the WLT engine trucks up to 06 I get about mid 20s maybe a little more I also removed the EGR valve and cooler unit this does two things reduces the risk of engine taking in water if the EGR cooler where to fail and the engine oil is a lot cleaner for a lot longer no more recycling all the dirt that comes with the EGR in place, some say it also increases power and better mpg but if it does its not by much but its definitely worth the effort as regards the much cleaner engine oil with the newer duratorq engines they are reported to have increased mpg and power overall nice little workhorse..

i get 29-32 mpg out of mine if i eco drive ! but that do't happen that much

2 p worth

egr or dpfe sensor, i would't remove it as it cools the gas's and the ford ranger likes to have one as it can run very hot at times without it it can bring on problems sooner that later.