Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sako 75.

Sako 75.

Wanted... Sako 75 in .22.250 in wood with low round count. Screw cut and Optilocks if possible.
    Cash waiting.

There's a stainless/synthetic one coming up at Gavin Gardiner's auction on 25th August, nice scope with it too.

http://www.gavingardiner.com/BidCat/...0022&LotRef=12

Now i will be there.... very nice and just up the A9.

nice find i think im going to have a go at that

i like the estimated price itll go twice that im betting
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    nice find i think im going to have a go at that

i like the estimated price itll go twice that im betting
    +22.5% & vat on that to add, soon mounts up!

they always show a low estimate so only bid the max you want to pay and stay at that. i have seen to many times stuff selling at auction which is more than retail.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    they always show a low estimate so only bid the max you want to pay and stay at that. i have seen to many times stuff selling at auction which is more than retail.
    That's the name of the game & how to draw in the buyers....then again it's only worth what you want to pay ! sound advice.

Rgds Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

there is not many bargains at auctions anymore

Remember to ask for a condition report. This is usually free but forces the auction house to carefully study the item & then acts as the basis of a contract between both parties in event of dispute.

If you buy the item unseen & you discover it has, say, a cracked stock they will say you should have viewed it or asked for a condition report. If you had the report done & it wasn't mentioned you will be able to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Too true.

Having attended a few of these jamborees in Southams @ Bedford, I realised eventually that 'Auction Stock' is rarely the bagain it first appears. It's probably house clearance or deceased shooter stuff which hasn't been snapped up by the RFD trade for some shrewd reason. The amateur buyer has no real chance to inspect the lot unless he can make the extra trip to the advance viewing day, and jostle with the competition & keener minds looking for a profit. If there's no visible fault there's no chance of a refund afterwards, so your cash is lost.

On auction day some lot items seem to attract a sort of bidding frenzy, and last-minute mystery bidders assemble to bump up the price way beyond anything near the true second hand worth & the original RRP. Once caught up in the game amateurs always seem to focus on the 'hammer price' and forget the VAT & auctioneer's commission.

This is a 12-year old rifle (circa 2003), with an unknown number of rounds fired, which has had 4 inches lopped off the barrel to fit a moderator. It may be an ex-estate rifle which hasn't been maintained at all. The S&B 'scope it wears (if it's okay?) is older than the rifle, but may be the only salvageable item on it. As such it's worth no more than 400 - 500 IMO.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.