Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what bolt knob have you got on your 590/595

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

what bolt knob have you got on your 590/595

Hi lads

who out there has a 590/595 with a modded bolt knob.

i have one on mine and just can not for the life of me get on with it, its just a tad to big for my liking and sticks out a tad far.

Attachment 45602

so looking for something/an idea what to get done to mine.

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Dont look a bad knob bob just a bit sticky out ! Ohh matron can't you shorten the bolt handle a touch ?
    Regards n

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Dont look a bad knob bob just a bit sticky out ! Ohh matron can't you shorten the bolt handle a touch ?
    Regards n

LOL

very true big fella, I think that I will have to have this changed as i don't like it 'sticking out ' but not sure what to go for as a replacement, maybe just a ball on the end just to try and keep it from getting in my way when out on the ground.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Hi Bob,

Worth a try, to ask Welshwarrior, if he can make or modify one, Daf as done one lately http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...olt-knob/page2

Mark

Bob
    Unscrew your bolt knob & get someone to turn it on a lathe - It looks like there is plenty of meat on the plastic lump to allow you to make it quite a bit shorter. - A lot cheaper than replacing the lever.
    I'm sure your mate Neil Mc** would do it for you.

Ian
    Last edited by Yorric; 10-08-2014 at 14:11.

I kept the standard knob and simply slipped one of those rubber ball things over it: it's grippy, silent, and not too sticky-outy.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

I getting a bit sick of the large tactical type bolt knobs and started making some smaller ones. This one felt just right on a T3 lite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Bob
    Unscrew your bolt knob & get someone to turn it on a lathe - It looks like there is plenty of meat on the plastic lump to allow you to make it quite a bit shorter. - A lot cheaper than replacing the lever.
    I'm sure your mate Neil Mc** would do it for you.

Ian

hi ian

I was down at neils the other day, a mate is having him build a new 6mmbr (same as mine ) and i could have left it but im shooting all this week and can't be without the 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    I getting a bit sick of the large tactical type bolt knobs and started making some smaller ones. This one felt just right on a T3 lite.
    i do like this so that could be what Ian said get the one on there turned down.

cheers lads.

bob.

hi bob what size thread is your bolt handle i had some for sale some time ago

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hairlesshunter View Post
    hi bob what size thread is your bolt handle i had some for sale some time ago
    hi bud

i have no idea, i can not for the life of me get it off ?

bob