Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YDS Stuart Mitchell knives.

YDS Stuart Mitchell knives.

Well after field testing my design I'm giving Stuart the green light to process the orders.
    The orange handled one is going off to get sheathed tomorrow.
    Then when returned the black one will go.
    I'm very pleased with the performance of these.
    295+ postage, is the price and it will have options at no more cost.
    If required,
    A Lanyard hole in handle.
    Name etched on blade.
    Choice of handle colour black or hi-viz.
    Stuarts description of the knife is as follows.
    "Blade metal is a Sheffield made SF100 high carbon stainless steel, it is a grade used for making razor blades so cutting tools are it's forte... Working blade length of around 110mm at the cutting edge and made from 3mm stock, very slicey... Handles are both G10, one in black and with a slimmer profile, one in blaze orange and more sculpted, black scuplted and slimmer orange are of course doable... Sheaths will be thermo formed Kydex, hard wearing and sterilisable..."
    pm me for order details first run off expected in 6-7 weeks

Im glad I wasn't the only one that noticed
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Leica ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    Im glad I wasn't the only one that noticed
    I had to choose when the new contracts came out between Zeiss and my youtube channel as they no longer allow images of bullet strikes, bullet holes or blood?
    Obviously my channel won.
    I had a word with Lecia and they were happy with things, I'm happy with their products.

I have to say that those look very similar to the chef's utility knives available in most good supermarkets!

This is not the criticism it may seem - I use them for everything. My first 'stalking' kinfe was a John Lewis kitchen utility knife in a bodged sheath, and it did the job extremely well.

I would also say that you have extremely good taste in binoculars! I have that exact pair, and it's the best I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    I had to choose when the new contracts came out between Zeiss and my youtube channel as they no longer allow images of bullet strikes, bullet holes or blood?
    Obviously my channel won.
    I had a word with Lecia and they were happy with things, I'm happy with their products.
    Are ZEISS mad !!! They manufacture and advertise rifle scopes, and other optics for the hunting market... How can they dislike the resulting pictures associated with their product ?? Seems a bit counter productive to me...

Like watching your You Tube channel videos though John, so glad you went that route. Your new young dogs looks like it is coming on a treat....

All the best.

Neil.

We should boycott zeiss if they arent prepared to show suitable images and stand by their customers instead of pleasing the anti's. I can't afford zeiss at the moment but as and when I can etc

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Let's not get on our high horses - how many other optic or rifle manufacturers publish photos of their kit adjacent to dead deer? Zeiss - like Swaro and others - have a huge customer base of which stalkers are a small but albeit significant minority. They have to respect the views of that broader customer base.

BTW, very nice knives. If I wasn't waiting on a knife from Stuart I'd be tempted myself. It defeats me why stalkers - and particularly roe & muntjac stalkers - feel the need for knives that Rambo would be proud of.

I surely can't be the only one who's spotted the engraving on the black handled knife
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

The blade is very much like a NRA folder I have and works really well, willie you are right a good stalking knife, should be able to hold comfortably in the palm of your hand with the tip of the blade reaching t. he end of your index finger, so you can open the belly with your finger preventing the belly from splitting, so no need for a zipper blade.
    But this is a for sale thread, so good luck with the sales.