Thread: Chopped barrel update.

Chopped barrel update.

Went and picked up my CZ this morning , it came with a v nice letter from the gunsmith detailing what went wrong and how he had rectified the problem. He also serviced the gun and uprated the trigger FOC. and enclosed the target ,

I will get out myself tonight.

Looking good! - So please tell us what was wrong & exactly what he did to rectify it?

Ian

According to the letter. The thread had been cut too tight ??? He recut the thread. New face relief and crown. And faced off the moderator to give a better fit.

That's still a 3" group unless the hole at the bottom of the paper doesn't count for some reason. ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    That's still a 3" group unless the hole at the bottom of the paper doesn't count for some reason. ~Muir
    Lol. Sighting in round it says

If'n that's 70+ it looks OK to me!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    According to the letter. The thread had been cut too tight ??? He recut the thread. New face relief and crown. And faced off the moderator to give a better fit.
    I suspect the thread being tight was a bit of a red herring - unless it was a full interference fit. It sounds like it is better fitted now but I can't imagine that was the problem with your massive group sizes - I'd bet there was something wrong with the crown before & it has been properly done now.

ENJOY

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    I suspect the thread being tight was a bit of a red herring - unless it was a full interference fit. It sounds like it is better fitted now but I can't imagine that was the problem with your massive group sizes - I'd bet there was something wrong with the crown before & it has been properly done now.

ENJOY Shhhh!
    Ian
    I'd bet there was something wrong with the crown before & it has been properly done now.

ENJOY ssshhh!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

good news for you I am going to get my T bolt done to 14" your thread was making me nervous
    all the best Lister
    ps if you went out today you may have trouble getting any group
    Last edited by lister; 10-08-2014 at 21:30. Reason: p s

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    So one may assume that the job has been redone in total then ??