Big Bore ranges

Greener Jim

As the title says, anyone know any ranges that are authorised for high energy stuff? Up to about 5000 ft-lbs.
I know of WMS and Orion but didn't know anymore. Places where I can pay for a day or a stint and take me own rifle.
Doesn't have to be long range. 100 yards/metres is fine.

thanks in advance,
Jim

Champion, cheers fella. Didn't know they had a range...just really expensive ammunition!
I'll give 'em a ring and see how much it is.

Last edited:
I cant help with what your after

but

Slightly off topic but my work is on the former Kynoch factory grounds in birmingham hehe

Yep, range is available for £36/hour, you have it all to yourself, just a single underground 100m (with 60m point as well). Very nice facility.

And another to the list! Cheers Yorric.
£36/hour ain't bad at all at Kynoch and The Tunnel is cheaper and closer.

I may get a call off my FEO this week so wanted to make sure I had answers to questions!

I would try the Corinium Rifle range near Cirencester on the Wiltshire / Gloucestershire border - The range is cleared up to 5000 plus Ft Lbs with no velocity restrictions as I understand it - I have used a 458 win mag there often.

£30 an hour for non members I think (members pay £20).

Paul Hill runs it and is a good knowledgeable guy.

Tony

Jim
There is a range at Trewortha that BDS South West shoot on occasionally - Dunno what calibres it's rated at tho'.
You could ask Paul Messenger (see BDS SW webpage for contact details) He might know.

Ian

Cheers again Yorric. Calton Moor is cracking aswell Wrens Mews as it's on me way t me Mams.
Yeah Tony, big and slow appeals to me and the stuff I wanna go after needs plenty of umph!

Last edited:
Hi greener jim
how big of a big bore gun have you got ? we have had a side by side .600NE in today , that's a proper gun ! o and it was left handed ! !
. we would like to see you , ring for a time slot 01538 308697

all the best
mike

Indoor tunnel range at Barry Island - 200m and up to .50bmg Only £20 a day, open 10 til 8 Wed, Sat and Sun.

I know it's a fair way but we have an indoor 100yrd range near Bangor, Gwynedd here in North Wales,its £10 for non members.

Hi greener jim
how big of a big bore gun have you got ? we have had a side by side .600NE in today , that's a proper gun ! o and it was left handed ! !
. we would like to see you , ring for a time slot 01538 308697

all the best
mike

At the moment, nowt. Variation in for .458 win. I've abandoned the idea of a big bore for hunting in the UK due to red tape so gone with what I wanted originally for dangerous game abroad.
FEO reckons no problems for target stuff and load development.

It it ain't no 600NE though. That sounds like a lovely bit of kit. Lucky owner.

As for the two in Wales, that sounds pretty useful. I am amazed by how many are out there that can take the big bores.

Back