I'm back!

VSS

Having just spent every spare minute of the past few weeks building a couple of kayaks with my youngest daughter (age 12). In fact for the first week we did nothing else - I didn't answer the 'phone, reply to emails or anything. Bliss. just her and me, out in the workshop from dawn 'til late at night, mixing glue (and getting covered in it), cutting wood , sanding, planing etc. A really great "bonding" time (not a pun), just dad and daughter working together on a joint project.

Got me wondering, what other dads on here have been up to with their kids (particularly the girlie ones) over the summer hols?

Nice one VSS, nothing like it huh, mines a little younger so i have to be mindful of the projects but so far we have made several bird & bat boxes, created a haven for bugs from old logs! a new roof for the chicken coup plus a lick of paint on the other. and tried to make a coracle from some hazel and a silage sheet, other than that its been cycling and crabbing..
atvb

ps forgot to mention everything involves Barbie whilst singing the tune from Frozen...!

Sounds good I took one of my boys out for the 1st time with a junior air rifle. (Write up to follow) Was gonna be both of em but the other one was too naughty so never earned it! He learnt the lesson though so will be out this week hopefully too!!

We all went to the coast last week and did some rock pooling at West Runton which I enjoyed more than the kids!! :oops:

New dog meant no foreign holidays this year so North Wales for us and it was fantastic! Weather was great but the best bit was doing stuff with the girls that I remembered doing as a kid.

Hand lining for crabs was a favourite and they had a go with the spinning rod (although they wouldn't eat the barbecued mackerel!!!).

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Having just spent every spare minute of the past few weeks building a couple of kayaks with my youngest daughter (age 12). In fact for the first week we did nothing else - I didn't answer the 'phone, reply to emails or anything. Bliss. just her and me, out in the workshop from dawn 'til late at night, mixing glue (and getting covered in it), cutting wood , sanding, planing etc. A really great "bonding" time (not a pun), just dad and daughter working together on a joint project.

Got me wondering, what other dads on here have been up to with their kids (particularly the girlie ones) over the summer hols?

Sounds brilliant. They are soon gone and you can be left wishing that you had done more. I do!

My daughter is 3 months old, just waiting on the go-ahead from the mrs to put her pink ear defenders on and take her stalking...could be waiting a while for that go ahead.

Back