Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to change about your licences?

What would you like to change about your licences?

I would like to be able to buy ammunition to my door like you can with shotgun cartridges. I would like moderators to be classed exactly as they are and not as a firearm component that needs to be asked for.

I like going to my new friendly gun shop for a natter if nothing else ! Agree about the moderator situation though RD .got my FEO coming today to check ? after I put in a variation ! Check what ? Everything is the same the last time he came to see me .so I'd like to change that please .
    N

They are just a can that assists in Preventing early hearing loss so why are they licenceable?
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 13-08-2014 at 06:57.

Good point re the above.
    I would like to be able to change rifles of same calibre same as shotguns.
    Change a .223 tikka to a .223 sako for example.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Deffo take mods off of the firearms classification - everyone has one on their car, it's what a well known shooting organization failed to do when they had the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    They are just a can that assists in arresting early hearing loss so why are they licenceable?
    Fixed it for you.

I think rather than have to choose say .222 or .223 or even .243 you just apply for a quarry and then you can get a rifle in a suitable/recommended calibre. Such as I want a fox rifle and a deer rifle, so I can have anything from a .17cf up to .243 for fox and anything from .243 up for deer (within reason accounting for ground and species etc) and a "slot" remains when you sell a calibre so you can replace it without the hassle of a variation.

i'd like my license to say how many firearms I am permitted to have , and as long as I don't exceed that number then it's fine , type isn't important.

I'd also like the stupid expanding ammo rules to be discontinued.
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Put S1 firearms on the same controls as S2 shotguns.

atb Tim

1. Once allocated a slot for a given calibre, it would make it easier for EVERYONE if you were allowed to exchange 1-for-1 without a variation. It makes no sense to need to do this, and wastes police time and resources.

2. System to be centralised and made electronic, so all you need to do is hand over a card that the RFD swipes through to check what you're allowed to have, and then enters any details of a transaction. This amounts to no more complexity than basic stock keeping, which most small businesses are perfectly capable of.

3. Moderators taken off licence. I can find 20 more dangerous things sitting at my office desk. As RD points out, if you follow the logic to its end point, we should really be licensing ear defenders!

Hey - maybe in the Great People's Republic of Salmondonia this will all come to pass?