Thread: Stalking rights contract

Stalking rights contract

Hello all

I've been tasked by the landowner on this new piece of land to draw up a contract for the shooting rights including deer stalking. Money will be changing hands so i want to get this one right, can anyone help with a template. The primary use of the land will be deer stalking but i don't want to find the occasional fox shooter on the land when i'm not there.

Regards

Carl.

first things first IMO
    permission and rights are two separate things

he has the rights. he owns them (probably)
    he is granting you permission (usually)

some useful points in here:

http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/u...guides/194.pdf

cover every eventuality in writing and leave nothing ambiguous

Quote Originally Posted by shooter79 View Post
    Hello all

I've been tasked by the landowner on this new piece of land to draw up a contract for the shooting rights including deer stalking. Money will be changing hands so i want to get this one right, can anyone help with a template. The primary use of the land will be deer stalking but i don't want to find the occasional fox shooter on the land when i'm not there.

Regards

Carl.
    Morning Carl,

I have signed and managed many leases both large and small over the years, and to a certain extent they all vary slightly. However if you do not want anyone else on the ground at all, you must stipulate that the entire sporting rights for game and vermin are in your name only and that you are the lease holder.

You should also make sure that the farmer IS the land owner and NOT a tenant as quite often the sporting and shooting rights are not theirs to sign away. I have a similar situation with a new area I am looking into at present.

There are various templates around, many used by land agents when setting up the lease, if you need any help PM me your phone number and I will call you when I have a moment. Or you can get me via my website, details at the bottom of this page.

ATB

Malc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.