left a bit... right a bit... FIRE!

I have no problem with blind target shooters and the technologies they have developed are pretty phenomenal and clearly have a wide benefit that goes beyond shooting.

I'm more than a little twitchy about a blind person having a concealed carry permit though. There is no way in hell that they could assess for a safe shot in a real world situation.

this is a true strory!!!!

in miami about 15 years ago we were walking along a street just looking around and there was a car park where a demolished building used to be. There was a little hut and a security guard for the car park sitting on a chair with a dog at his side. Car drives up, guy in chair waves barrier goes up and in goes car all is well.

As we got close I see the guy is actually blind with a guide dog and stick but the stunning thing that was just fantastic was he had a pistol on his belt.... a pistol!!!!

This is not made up!!

this is a true strory!!!!

in miami about 15 years ago we were walking along a street just looking around and there was a car park where a demolished building used to be. There was a little hut and a security guard for the car park sitting on a chair with a dog at his side. Car drives up, guy in chair waves barrier goes up and in goes car all is well.

As we got close I see the guy is actually blind with a guide dog and stick but the stunning thing that was just fantastic was he had a pistol on his belt.... a pistol!!!!

This is not made up!!

And you assume the guard was actually profoundly blind?

And you assume the guard was actually profoundly blind?

That's a good point actually! My Mother-in-Law is registered blind but you probably wouldn't know it if you met her. She has a stick (never takes it out her handbag!) and could have a dog if she wished. As far as I know she does not carry a gun... :-|

Back