Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock for cz452 varmint .22lr

Established Poster

Stock for cz452 varmint .22lr

Hi gents,
    I'm after an aftermarket stock for my cz, something like a boyds rimfire hunter or similar. I can part-ex my stock which is a good condition oiled walnut factory stock. Thought I'd check on here before ordering off boyds.

cheers
    gary

Sure I saw one on ebay bud.

Ebay item 301272988058
    Shame it wouldn't fit an HMR

Established Poster
    Cheers for the link Dave, I've ordered it but then realised it doesn't state if it's for a varmint or not so may be selling it again.

cheers again

gary

Why not just order from boyds they ship to the uk providing it is under $100 for the stock purchase.
    Then you can get what ever you like, with the correct barrel channel. They are easy to deal with, I have had 2 stocks of them.

Established Poster
    I've had a boyds previously and had to glass bed it to stop been able to twist my action in the stock! I have been looking at the rimfire hunter range but also found my last one short. To get either a longer stock or thicker pad takes you over that magic $100 so I can't order exactly what I want so have been looking for an alternative.

the stocks ordered now and hopefully will fit, if not I'll sell it and order a boyds. I'll have to butcher a different pad on it myself.

Rimfire magic has a nice manners stock for them, atb swaro

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Rimfire magic has a nice manners stock for them, atb swaro
    cheers swaro i'll bare that in mind, i've had a message back from the seller on ebay and it is inletted for the varmint so should be ok now. Thanks for the replies.

I'll put a picture up when I've fitted it.

Gary

Established Poster
    Well it arrived and now it's going back, the inletting is poor to the extent that I can't physically fit my action/barrel in it!
    Can't fault the seller as they've said send it back for a refund but personally I would avoid klinsky stocks like the plague after this experience. Even simple stuff like the recess in the stock where the barrel lug sits isn't deep enough, the length of the inletting is 2mm too short, so even if the lug did fit the action wouldn't. It's got big gaps where it shouldn't have and the bolt fouls on the stock. It doesn't come with swivels for a sling and has some obscure type of rail (uit) I've never seen before and can't get fittings for.

Shame really as the stocks nice looking and got good features like adjustable butt and cheek piece, also it is ambidextrous which I really liked.

The manners stock for the cz452 is like an a3 a5 style without adjustable cheek, does look nice,150 I think, certainly better than the standard wood, I sprayed mine with cammo paint, I dont like wooden stocks on rifles though I am a wood lover, that doesnt make much sense but I prefer synthetic type materials