Thread: Deerhunter tempest trousers

Deerhunter tempest trousers

I took receipt of a pair of the above today from mmbeetle (top guy to deal with I might add).
    the trousers claim to be totally waterproof with their deertex membrane and have fully taped seams throughout, coupled with taped zips so I was expecting promising things.....

took them out for their first outing after a good shower this evening, and was planning to reccy a new bit of ground which was covered in knee high bracken and wet grass, a good test of any waterproof claims.

well, on returning to the truck I was starting to feel cool/clammy on the inside of the legs, could be just the feeling of cooler fabric on my legs coupled with a bit of sweat I thought.....

Got home and took them off, turned them inside out and this is what I could see:Attachment 45793

Every taped seam soaked, but evidently in patches showing some areas to be dry,
    how disappointing, yet another false promise if being kept dry. Such a shame as the trousers are lovely, comfortable, silent, practical, I didn't even cook in them so they are even relatively breathable, just not waterproof, I shall see what deerhunter have to say on the matter.

see end post.......tested and proved.
    Last edited by deerstalker.308; 17-08-2014 at 22:14.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Sorry to hear this. I own the Smock and cannot fault it I have used it in some very inclement weather. As you say Deer hunters response will be interesting.

Regards,
    Glendine

I'm going to give them a second chance tonight, it's hasn't been raining so I'll not get them wet but maybe work up a sweat and just check that the damp on the inside wasn't of my own creation.......

I stand corrected, eating humble pie as we speak......well pizza.....
    just figured I'd hop in the shower with them on to get a definitive outcome, and after a good soaking, I have to say, the seams were dry, so it must have been sweat in the first place after all.
    Cracking trousers, if a little warm for quite this early in the year, but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I'd hop in the shower with them on to get a definitive outcome
    It sounds so wrong but I wish I could have seen that!

Imagine explaining that one to the wife why she comes home and finds you showering with clothes on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    It sounds so wrong but I wish I could have seen that!

Imagine explaining that one to the wife why she comes home and finds you showering with clothes on!!!
    needless to say she was out, and they were in the washing machine by the time she got home!