Thread: daft question

daft question

Would it be better to use a non swivel bipod for range work providing your shooting off a level surface, ive never owned one so thats why ive asked

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Would it be better to use a non swivel bipod for range work providing your shooting off a level surface, ive never owned one so thats why ive asked
    I've got swivel and non-swivel, and if using the former at the range, just tighten up the swivel "bit" so that it's not going to move once level - I'm sure that made sense in my head!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I have both types. Doesn't make any difference to the way I shoot on a range - which might say more about me than the bipods....

hh

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I've got swivel and non-swivel, and if using the former at the range, just tighten up the swivel "bit" so that it's not going to move once level - I'm sure that made sense in my head!
    Perfect Answer,

Regards,
    Glendine.

Thank you gentlemen for your replies

I am now reviewing 9 bipods for a magazine, expecting a couple more but 9 in hand at the moment. Most have a cant (swivel) function and I would definitely recommend those over the ones without. If you can't level your rifle as often happens with those having legs with notch adjustments you end up with a cant which is of course not good for accurate shooting nor getting a rifle zero'd. For those which allow you to adjut leg length at any point it is possible to get the rifle leveled but not very efficiently. Caldwell makes a bipod called the AR model with Pan and Cant movements that looks to be a pretty good buy for the money. The AR model mounts to a picatinny rail base and GG&G make a nice base that can be screwed to the forend of a bolt gun using two screws. I put one on a H-S stock using the existing screw holes for the two forward studs and the machine screws provided with the base.

http://www.btibrands.com/product/ar-bipod-sitting/

http://www.gggaz.com/bipod-adapters-...ty-bipods.html

SS