Thread: Just arrived! My copy of the 2014 "Le Chasseur Francais" guns and kit supplement!

Just arrived! My copy of the 2014 "Le Chasseur Francais" guns and kit supplement!

Friends of mine arrived from France late last night bringing some much-needed supplies from across the Channel. There isn't much French stuff that you can't buy here these days, but amongst these rare items, which are now in my possession are Bordeau-Chesnel rillettes, two bottles of Amer Picon, and most importantly the 2014 edition of Le Chasseur Francais' guns and equipment supplement.

Attachment 45798

This kit bible is published every two years, and is the Devil to get hold of when you're abroad. In 2012, I ordered it online and had to wait three months for it. I think they distribute in newsagents, and then wait to have enough orders for a second print run. Anyway, this amazing publication is essentially the catalogue of EVERYTHING. Every single last shotgun, rifle, cartridge and optic that is on the French market is listed, tabulated, priced. There are tests galore, a review of all the latest new products, it's just like a huge concentrated binge of hunting-kit-centric geekery!

New for this year in particular is that innovation that's taken French the market by storm, the .30-06 Springfield...

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my enthusiasm with you. If anyone has anything they want me to lookup, let me know, as that would give me some sort of purpose beyond wide-eyed self-indulgent drooling.

like my cabala,s catalogue p.m,its needed to satisfy my drooling training.so much useful /pointless stuff n it all needs to be in my man cave<shed>

Aaah, but that's just equipment from a single supplier! Admittedly, they may sell everything. But this lists products from every single manufacturer! They don't seem to list the full range of calibres that rifles are available in though, but perhaps that's just because the French distributors don't want to be bothered with stocking a huge range of calibres.

A bit like the British distributors then, list a fantastic range of calibres but only import a few of the more popular calibres.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I have ocd where shooting catalogues like that are concerned, I have to scrutinise every page and item.

Can I borrow it?...promise to let you have it back in time for the next issue...and borrow that
    Happy drooling.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    I have ocd where shooting catalogues like that are concerned, I have to scrutinise every page and item.

Can I borrow it?...promise to let you have it back in time for the next issue...and borrow that
    Happy drooling.
    That's about how long it would take me to translate it too.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    This kit bible is published every two years, and is the Devil to get hold of when you're abroad. In 2012, I ordered it online and had to wait three months for it. I think they distribute in newsagents, and then wait to have enough orders for a second print run.
    Looks good! But have they not heard of PDF en France?

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Looks good! But have they not heard of PDF en France?
    Yes, they have PDFs, but it's hard to get people to spend €6.90 on a PDF. Besides, I like to have it as a reference document. The first one I have is the 1992 I think. Le Chasseur Francais publish increasing numbers of supplements and special editions to boost revenue as they suffer the same problems as all the printed press. This one is unique and always sells out. The special one on potato recipes, they still have plenty of...

cabalas single supplier yes,er indoors dont realise this so i have lotsa other brochures too.she hates me going to shows as the catalogue mountain grows.have you thought of translating that amazing book and posting it online im sure a few on here would peruse the odd page