Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nissan X-Trail - How good or bad ?

Nissan X-Trail - How good or bad ?

Does any of this forum members use the Nissan X Trail ?

I need a 4X4 vehicle wich is good on the road and which is useable for light off road work .
    This for shooting and trialing my dogs . Frequently I have to drive longers distances on motorways and a few miles off road .
    The X trail seems rather fast and comfortable and has more storage space tha a RAV4 . I would try to find a recent secondhand 2.2dci version. Fuel comsumption should be a lot lower than a landcruiser or a patrol .
    I have a kangoo 4x4 van , wich is a very practical shooting car .Lots of space and good offroad although it lacks speed and comfort for longer distances .

I've been considering them as well. they are a decent size but the missus could still park it. I have asked lots of people that have them what they think and they all rate them highly. I have yet to find anyone that uses one for shooting but plenty of horsey types seem to like them.
    i like the idea of the model with the leather interior.

Ezzy

My mate has an L200, but he's got one eye on another mates X trail, so this is indicative in some ways.

A pickup like the L200 or Hilux will probably be a lot stronger and better offroad . In these the dogs get very warm in summer and very cold in winter . In an X trail or landcruiser type vehicle they benefit from the airco in summer and from the heating in winter when they are wet .
    My Kangoo 4x4 is not bad , but lacks speed and gets very noisy once you drive faster than 110 km/h .
    When trialing in France , Holland or Italy it's a hard job to get there .
    The Xtrail has a max speed of 180 km/h . Driving 140 km/h over longer distances should be possible . This isn't possible with the Kangoo .
    I also heard that the X trail isn't bad at all off road .

X trail

I was seriously impressed by these until the Freelander2 came out 3 years ago, my FL2 has now done almost 70k miles trouble free, last week on a trip to Oxfordshire and back I averaged 37 mpg fully loaded.

I use it off roaad frequently and it has been magnificent in the snow.

I like the X Trail but I prefer the FL2 - its worth a look

Tonyc

All round a good vehicle, the only problem i know of is the turbo has caused problems after 40k, of the 3 people i know who own them 2 have had this problem, but lets face it all vehicles have some weekness.
    They all coped really well with the snowand ice recently.
    Good power and fuel consumption.
    Cheers
    Richard

Also have a look at the misunishi outlanders. I drove a friends up to Aviemore a few weeks ago on the snow. Cruised comfortably and quietly at 80mph, handled all the slush no probe, and when it came to snowy roads- what snow? That vehicle regularly drives offroad to top of hills in the Borders. And carries five adults plus ski gear in loads of comfort. 40plus mpg as wel.

I see a lot poofsters driving x-tails.

I have a friend who drives one and absolutely hates it, hates his BS loan even worse.

Get a 96-00 4runner and never regret it. Unless you are a pansy.

Have a look at the pathfinder I had two on the business one was written off in a week the other gets abused on a daily basis .
    I took it up to Malcs in October returned 32mpg not bad for a big motor,Comfy and a seven seater if needs be.

X-Trails are tops mate

Not serious off roaders but the right size and right money and reliable. I have a shogun now and it is to large for every day stuff and no bigger in side than the the x-trail. nicer inside though, x-trail interior was *****, new one is better. had three reds in the back no bother.

90% of stalking you are sorted

Had one for 3 years and 130000 miles. never missed a beat, stalked in it slept in it got stuck in it.

i would have another in a minute.

pathfinder is just a big x-trail, would have one no bother. sometimes the bigger motors are cheaper than the little uns. (hence i have a shogun LWB)