Thread: A Fairly Odd Roe Buck

A Fairly Odd Roe Buck

One I shot earlier this season, think its fair to say it would be categorised as a malform. Quite a heavy old buck, 21.5kg clean. Thought it might be of interest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

An excellent trophy , beautifully mounted .
    It would raise a problem for the C.I.C. measurers !

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    An excellent trophy , beautifully mounted .
    It would raise a problem for the C.I.C. measurers !

HWH.
    I never thought of getting it measured, just assumed it would not qualify! I just liked it so decided to mount it. In hindsight wish I had caped it and had it properly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker48 View Post
    I never thought of getting it measured, just assumed it would not qualify! I just liked it so decided to mount it. In hindsight wish I had caped it and had it properly done.
    Attached a rear view so can see antler growth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

It's not to late to shoulder mount, ok it wouldn't be with it's own cape but you could use another cape from another roe buck. The taxidermist I use Claire fowler from freedom taxidermy has done this for me on a silver roe buck I shot. I cut it's throat while gralloching before I realised doh!

Looks like a great head so I would if it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by gg33 View Post
    It's not to late to shoulder mount, ok it wouldn't be with it's own cape but you could use another cape from another roe buck. The taxidermist I use Claire fowler from freedom taxidermy has done this for me on a silver roe buck I shot. I cut it's throat while gralloching before I realised doh!

Looks like a great head so I would if it was me.
    That sounds like a plan. I might see if anyone knows whether it would qualify for scoring or not before I get it remounted. Thanks.

That sounds like a plan. I might see if anyone knows whether it would qualify for scoring or not before I get it remounted. Thanks.
    As it is ( taken off the mount) it could be presented for CIC calculation, I'm not 100% sure of the criteria changes where its a freak but it certainly looks like its going to have volume, pearling, a lower end score for colour but lots of irregularities which is where my knowledge runs out. you could drop them a email from there website.

Stalker contact the CIC. You can reach here.
    http://www.cictrophy.com/
    The best example of a trophy done was with Bill off here. http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...8170-cvbg.html

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Stalker contact the CIC. You can reach here.
    http://www.cictrophy.com/
    The best example of a trophy done was with Bill off here. http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...8170-cvbg.html
    Thanks 6pointer. Just noticed from link that Gary T is one of CIC scorers. He would be who I would use for the mount so that's idea. Thanks.