Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In light of Cadex's recent thread on medals.........

In light of Cadex's recent thread on medals.........

Just for the sake of it really, shot this munty buck last night, medal or not medal.....?
    i have done a rough score so I have a fairly good idea.

Ps
    (No prizes, it's just a game).

Pps
    (sorry Cadex)
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

It's a good one and the angle of the picture might be making the antler look shorter than it is, but if I were going to put money on it, on what I can see I would have to say no
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

The brow tines look too short to count from the photo (+ I am viewing it on a mobile which doesn't help) but I would still say, yes medal. Not gold though

Difficult to be sure but a lot of the muntie score is based on symmetry, I don't think the main tines and brow point are long and even enough for gold, maybe a squeaky bronze but I could be very wrong.

looks bronzy...

I scored it 1.5 points under bronze...... Never thought it was even close to be honest, just thought it might get a rise out of Cadex but sadly not..... I will go and cry quietly to myself now.
    here are a couple more for scale anyway.
    Last edited by deerstalker.308; 17-08-2014 at 10:40.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I scored it 1.5 points under bronze...... Never thought it was even close to be honest, just thought it might get a rise out of Cadex but sadly not..... I will go and cry quietly to myself now.
    here are a couple more for scale anyway.
    Have just found your thread

The only munty I've ever seen was lying on the hard shoulder of the M11, therefore don't feel qualified to comment; other than to say he has a nice set of horns. . (Deer have horns don't they)

Better late than never, horns they are indeed just like those skirts the men wear north of the border.....

This will probably be the best gold to come out of England

Looking at the other pictures and some scale now, and on a laptop - not a medal