Thread: 2 On The Hook.........

2 On The Hook.........

My first stand was tucked up by a large Oak tree covering a field of cut barley on the edge of a wood, however with the noise from the V festival and the strong wind it just felt wrong....
    So I hopped in my truck and took a short drive back to an area which has produced 6 deer, the wind was laying better so I pitched up knowing this side would loose the light first.
    With nothing moving a last chance would be the West side, I crept through a gap in the hedge and out in the distance was the distinctive shape of my quarry.....

For once this evening the strong wind was in my favour, I guessed there might be a second deer so I lined up an Oak and used it as cover because I was crossing an open field!!
    Arriving at the Oak after a brisk walk, the gun went on the sticks and I peeked through the branches to see a pair out around 120 yards walking away fro me.
    I slid sideways leaving myself enough room so take a second shot, his head looked good in the Kahles and over he went. Second round up the spout and a few seconds to wait for the shot, the Doe did turn around after her mate but the strong wind masked the noise from my 700...

A head light gralloch with the gambol lashed to an oak branch and off home to fire up the chillier...........

Tim.243

Nice one Tim top darts mate they will fill your freezer and that head would look nice on the mantel

Quote Originally Posted by bull dog View Post
    Nice one Tim top darts mate they will fill your freezer and that head would look nice on the mantel
    Ta Pete......Just likes buses....nothing then there are two! Dad wanted to come out for a look but had to put my old chockers on as Chip had nicked his slippers!!
    Then he nicked 3 of the hooves!!

Chillier is very nice thank you once again.

Tim.243

your doing well on the little deer mate .... im gonna nick that chiller lol

Quote Originally Posted by camokid View Post
    your doing well on the little deer mate .... im gonna nick that chiller lol
    It is spot on, shot some pigeons the other day, put 3 trays back in, whacked it on while I sorted the kit out and in they went....

Tim.243

doing well there tim two more for the pot

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    doing well there tim two more for the pot
    Ta Paul, PC is going to do the head.....
    The joints are coming off very well, unless one gets in the way.....

Tim.243

good oh , yup he done one of mine as well looked real good when finished.

Cracking effort Tim, well rewarded for (as always) thinking so carefully through your actions.

The chiller is well and truly earning its keep too and must be very welcome for saving having to deal with every carcass in short time.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    Cracking effort Tim, well rewarded for (as always) thinking so carefully through your actions.

The chiller is well and truly earning its keep too and must be very welcome for saving having to deal with every carcass in short time.
    Cheers Tim, the chillier gives me a chance and the meat is coming up very nice....

Tim.243