Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallow - Cheshire

Fallow - Cheshire

Does anyone know whether there's an established wild fallow population around Alsager across to the m6 at Keele?

Saw something recently that I'd like confirmation on.

Cheers

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Does anyone know whether there's an established wild fallow population around Alsager across to the m6 at Keele?

Saw something recently that I'd like confirmation on.

Cheers

Novice
    According to the BDS distribution maps there are fallow in that general vicinity but considering the size and rural nature of Cheshire it is a bit of a deer desert. There are reds in the far East of the county, muntjac in the Dane valley and Delamere Forest and roe might soon arrive from the North but apart from those, the deer are fairly thin on the ground.

.223 Dave has Fallow not too far from Keele.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

There is a herd of fallow just up the road from Cuddington.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

not seen any or any evidence in that area. that's not to say they are not there. there is a herd further south that can get around a bit!

on another note there has been roe sightings just further north around Congleton and up towards Macclesfield. whether they will stay who knows.... but fingers crossed.

Ade
    Big bloke... but outta shape

Just been speaking to the wife and she saw 3 roe between leek and Macclesfield on her way home tonight then come on here and see this what a coincidence!!

Scoby270

Well I'd say there's at least 2 around that way :-) good sized fellas as well.

I've heard more and more reports of roe moving in. Think it'll be a good few years before they're properly established, but encouraging all the same.

Novice

Yes there are fallow in that area.

Rumours of Munties in Delamere & surrounds, Roebuck spotted near Milton Green / A41 area, OH!, & We mustn't forget the "Fawn" found swimming in the canal @ Chester either!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Rumours of Munties in Delamere & surrounds, Roebuck spotted near Milton Green / A41 area, OH!, & We mustn't forget the "Fawn" found swimming in the canal @ Chester either!
    Was the muntie pulled out of the canal released?