Stolen shooting equipment

flying felix

I've been asked to pass on the following information:
On the 8 Aug along with a number of firearms the following shooting equipment was stolen in Nottinghamshire:

Leica Televid 77 spotting scope Model No: 401030, serial No: 2020830. Green canvas cover and tripod
Leica eyepiece 20-60X Model No: 41001, serial No: 2041047.
Clulite Pro Scanner 3000 Gun light Product No: PS-3000GL
CED M2 Shooting Chronograph in and black tripod Chronograph case. quick release padded shoulder strap and adjustable carry straps for attaching a tripod. 19"L x 7"H x 6"D. Blue Dillon precision cap with NRA RCO badge. Digital anemometer. 4 Yellow plastic tent pegs. 2 bungee cords.
Red Head real tree camouflage bum bag S hooks, Outdoor Edge Flip N'Zip Double Blade Folding Knife/Saw Combo. Buck PakLite Skinner Fixed-Blade. Digital anemometer. Digital scales. 2 x gambrels. Head net. First Aid kits.
MTP issue day sack Black leather gloves. MTP leather gloves. Whistle, issue eye glasses. Cheque books. Garmin Forerunner with heart rate monitor. Firearms and shotgun licences. Pink passive internal ear plugs (metal insert) in a blue plastic pouch.

Green Berghaus Dart daysack Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Earmuffs Gray. Qty of ammunition various calibres
Grey padded camera bag 24x10in Qty of ammunition various calibres. Black Oakley gloves. Shooting club membership cards. Issue green/ yellow ear defenders.
Benetton camera bag 12x6in green piping Qty of ammunition various calibres
Bushnell 1500 laser range finder
Green Olympus 7x50 WP marine binoculars with internal compass.
Details of scopes:
Schmidt & Bender 3-12X50 PMII with illuminated reticule. Fitted with a honeycombed sunshade and lens caps
Bushnell Tactical Elite 6-24X50 ERS G2DMR rifle scope, Model No: ET6245FG
NcSTAR 2–7 X32 Mark III P4 Tactical Scope, model No STP2732G
Nikko-Sterling IR 4-16X44 LRX Target master rifle scope. Model No NSTT41644LRX.
Nikko-Sterling MountMaster Illuminated AO 3-9X50 Mil Dot rifle scope, Model No: NMMI3950AO.
Simmons Whitetail scope
Details of the firearms will be passed through the GTA.

Please keep an ear/ eye out.

Cheers

FF

Last edited:
Am I correct in assuming that these fire arms were Bolt action?, and If my assumption is correct then the Fire arms would be of no use as the Bolts would be kept somewhere else, and nowhere near the Fire arms or the Ammunition.???
I may be going out on a limb here, but this is what i believe to be BASIC Fire arm security?

Am I correct in assuming that these fire arms were Bolt action?, and If my assumption is correct then the Fire arms would be of no use as the Bolts would be kept somewhere else, and nowhere near the Fire arms or the Ammunition.???
I may be going out on a limb here, but this is what i believe to be BASIC Fire arm security?

Lots of people here have one safe for the rifles and another for the ammo, it's quite common for bolts to be locked in the ammo safe.

Lots of people here have one safe for the rifles and another for the ammo, it's quite common for bolts to be locked in the ammo safe.

Really???? Don't get me wrong! I got my Fire Arms in New Zealand, and one thing the license stipulates is 3 points of security. When the Fire arms officer of the Police comes to check your security
Its a Gun cabinet Bolted to the floor and the wall, A locked box for ammo, and another box for your bolts all stored separately or your in the *****.

Yes really! (Afaik it's not even a legal requirement to seperate bolts from rifle - just mostly considered good practice). Only a legal requirement to have separate lockable storage for ammo and firearms.

Last edited:
Yes really! (Afaik it's not even a legal requirement to deprecate bolts from rifle - just mostly considered good practice). Only a legal requirement to have separate lockable storage for ammo and firearms.

Yes but that separate ammo safe can be inside the rifle cabinet

This is not a legal requirement to separate the bolt and the rifle.

I'd say basic firearm security is following the legal requirements for acquiring and keeping your FAC (which doesn't include removing the bolt). Storing bolts separately is an additional step that you can take if you so wish.

I dont remove the bolts from mine for three simple reasons.
* It's far too easy for me to forget them and only realise when I get in the field (I've done it with ammo).
* I have a semi auto and short of removing the trigger mechanism I can't make that as safe as if a bolt action had the bolt removed.
* I don't break my shotguns down and store the action separate to the barrels which would be the same approach as to the rifles.

Hope the OP gets a good lead and the police recover the items quickly.

I've been asked to pass on the following information:
On the 8 Aug along with a number of firearms the following shooting equipment was stolen in Nottinghamshire:

Clulite Pro Scanner 3000 Gun light Product No: PS-3000GL
CED M2 Shooting Chronograph in and black tripod Chronograph case. quick release padded shoulder strap and adjustable carry straps for attaching a tripod. 19"L x 7"H x 6"D. Blue Dillon precision cap with NRA RCO badge. Digital anemometer. 4 Yellow plastic tent pegs. 2 bungee cords.
Red Head real tree camouflage bum bag S hooks, Outdoor Edge Flip N'Zip Double Blade Folding Knife/Saw Combo. Buck PakLite Skinner Fixed-Blade. Digital anemometer. Digital scales. 2 x gambrels. Head net. First Aid kits.
MTP issue day sack Black leather gloves. MTP leather gloves. Whistle, issue eye glasses. Cheque books. Garmin Forerunner with heart rate monitor. Firearms and shotgun licences. Pink passive internal ear plugs (metal insert) in a blue plastic pouch.

Green Berghaus Dart daysack. Qty of ammunition various calibres
Grey padded camera bag 24x10in Qty of ammunition various calibres. Black Oakley gloves. Shooting club membership cards. Issue green/ yellow ear defenders.
Benetton camera bag 12x6in green piping Qty of ammunition various calibres
Bushnell 1500 laser range finder
Details of scopes:
Schmidt & Bender 3-12X50 PMII with illuminated reticule. Fitted with a honeycombed sunshade and lens caps
Bushnell Tactical Elite 6-24X50 ERS G2DMR rifle scope, Model No: ET6245FG
NcSTAR 2–7 X32 Mark III P4 Tactical Scope, model No STP2732G
Nikko-Sterling IR 4-16X44 LRX Target master rifle scope. Model No NSTT41644LRX.
Nikko-Sterling MountMaster Illuminated AO 3-9X50 Mil Dot rifle scope, Model No: NMMI3950AO.
Simmons Whitetail scope
Details of the firearms will be passed through the GTA.

Please keep an ear/ eye out.

Cheers

FF

Thanks

Am I alone in thinking it rather bizarre that when a shooter posts that he has been the victim of theft/burglary, a fellow-shooter should choose to post implicit (smart-arsed, even) criticism of that unfortunate shooter's security arrangements?

Is it not bad enough that shooters fear being the victim of such thefts because of the likely response of the police/FLD, without additionally being set-upon by our own kind?

Hope the OP gets a good lead and the police recover the items quickly.
That's more like it!
:tiphat:

Last edited:
No matter what happens, there is always someone with a holier than thou attitude..becoming more noticeable every day.

Back