Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muntjack, when and where?

Muntjack, when and where?

I`m getting more and more fascinated by muntjacks, so I think it`s time to start planning a trip to Uk to try my luck at getting one. But as far as I understand you guys hunt them all year around? So which time of year should I plan my trip? And which part of your island is the best for muntjack? I don`t have to shoot a mega gold medal one, a cull would maybe be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ake View Post
    I`m getting more and more fascinated by muntjacks, so I think it`s time to start planning a trip to Uk to try my luck at getting one. But as far as I understand you guys hunt them all year around? So which time of year should I plan my trip? And which part of your island is the best for muntjack? I don`t have to shoot a mega gold medal one, a cull would maybe be just as good.
    february / match would be a good time I've never hunted with him but sikamalc has an excellent reputation and plenty of muntys on his ground by the looks of things
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Hello, End October / November are good, less cover than earlier on and Bucks will be clean. If you are interested, please have a look at our website Deer Stalking in England Ltd.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Autumn winter when the covers died down a bit ,as your in Norway maybe you could try a hunt swap plenty of lads on here go abroad what would you have on offer if that was a consideration ?
    Regards N

Try Muntjacstalker on here, his ground is in Bedfordshire and it's has LOTS of muntjac on it!!! Shouldn't be a problem getting one there (I have been out with him a few times and never blanked).

After Christmas when (and if) we have had a good snow fall.
    I shoot a lot of them and it is a lot easier when the cover is down.
    Cull bucks anywhere in east Anglia is good. Personally I think Chris Rogers at Euston is good.

Thanks for the replies, October is the worst month for me, moose season usually takes all the spare time that month, November are also pretty active here. But after that I should be good to go. I will have a look at the different sites and people you guys have mentioned.

A swap hunt could be a idea, but game are pretty scarce up here compared to what you guys are used to. I have access to roe deer and moose, and some small game, not a great area for capricaille but shot one last year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1968.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	539.1 KB 
ID:	45921
    March can be a good time for Munties. I have three leases covering over 2,500 acres. 4 of us over 4 outings took 9 Muntjac and 2 were missed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1973.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	535.4 KB 
ID:	45922
    A couple will probably go medal (Bronze, one possibly silver)

Fees are 75 per stalk no kill fees on bucks or does. Medal heads 250 whatever grade. I still have some room left in March, but January and parts of February are booked already. There are also CWD on the estate.

Let me know if I can be of help.

ATB

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I've always stalked them in Winter and early Spring, when the fields are bare and there isn't too much undergrowth. Afterwards, they're just invisible. If you go in March and Spring is a bit early, you can stalk them in woodland covered in bluebells, which is just beautiful and may make your trip a bit special. Willie_Gunn on here has taken me stalking in just such a wood and is very helpful indeed. So is SikaMalc of course, but I don't know if he offers bluebell woods!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I've always stalked them in Winter and early Spring, when the fields are bare and there isn't too much undergrowth. Afterwards, they're just invisible. If you go in March and Spring is a bit early, you can stalk them in woodland covered in bluebells, which is just beautiful and may make your trip a bit special. Willie_Gunn on here has taken me stalking in just such a wood and is very helpful indeed. So is SikaMalc of course, but I don't know if he offers bluebell woods!
    No bluebell woods, just loads of Munties. Its an area you have yet to hunt with me young Lawrence, but will do when you return late winter
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.