Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harkila Pro Hunter X Trousers

Harkila Pro Hunter X Trousers

I'm looking for a pair of these to give them a try as although I tend to wear mil surplus jackets, on the basis that they are about the best thing for my job, I like Harkila trousers and so far they are the only waterproof trousers I've owned which have lasted longer than a few weeks.

So, who is doing the best price on them or does anyone have any offers etc. going on them?

Seemed sensible to ask here before ordering.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Richmond Gun Company 20% off for SD. Ask for Karen.

Ardmoor, ask for tony (owner) or email him from here, search ardmoor
    Very easy to deal with and will give you plenty of discount
    Has everything in stock, so no waiting for months on it coming in from suppliers
    Next day delivery 100%
    Highly recommend him

Great pants, the most durable I`ve tested so far. But the fabric is not the most quiet, but it gets better with some use.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    I'm looking for a pair of these to give them a try as although I tend to wear mil surplus jackets, on the basis that they are about the best thing for my job, I like Harkila trousers and so far they are the only waterproof trousers I've owned which have lasted longer than a few weeks.

So, who is doing the best price on them or does anyone have any offers etc. going on them?

Seemed sensible to ask here before ordering.
    Hi Caorach, Pro Hunter X are excellent, before jumping into a pair, depending on the activity you mainly do, also think about other options like Seeland Marsh and Seeland Keeper, both are very hard wearing and fully waterproof. Harkila Pro Hunter are excellent for many reasons, the facecloth is Cordura, Gore-tex waterproof membrane, ankle closures, brace buttons etc. Pro Hunter is excellent for harsh environments and activity.
    We are running an open day on Saturday at the store, with the entire Harkila Range on show, and also offering 15% discount on the day, or we can match this before hand if your not local.
    Also you will need to use a Tech wash on them and also pick up a Goretex repair kit too, just in case of a tear, very unlikely to be done easily, but it does happen. We have them both in stock too and also we tend to throw these in, not sure what the other resellers do.
    We also give free delvery and returns too, as getting your size spot on can be a challenge with mail order.

We are open 7 days, so if you want to call to talk through the options our phone number is 01525 211488, ask for Andrew or Brendan

All the best for the season.
    Harkila Trousers at Rugged & Tough

Hi R&T
    Do you have the Prohunter X in stock? COuld only see the older prohunter on your website.
    I'm keen on getting some Harkila kit, might see you on Saturday.
    ATB
    Geo
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Hi Geo
    Harkila are setting up in our Harkila Dept at the store for 10 am start and we are planning to run through the day, so get down when you are ready

Our main store deliveries start arriving next week for the season. We are still in Harkila / Seeland Summer ranges and these summer items are going to be discounted to clear for this Saturday's event.
    Harkila have almost all Pro Hunter X in stock so you can see the entire range, so if you want to come in, see the entire range and order anything we don't have here. We order twice a week from Harkila during the summer and daily during the main season. (You will still get all your discounts even for items not here on the day)
    Here is the link to Pro Hunter X
    Harkila Pro Hunter X : Harkila and Seeland Best Sellling Ranges : All Countrywear : Rugged & Tough

Look forward to see you if you can make it.

Cheers R&T
    I hope to be able to make it up to the shop on Saturday, thanks for the info
    ATB
    Geo
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by Rugged & Tough View Post
    Hi Caorach, Pro Hunter X are excellent, before jumping into a pair, depending on the activity you mainly do, also think about other options like Seeland Marsh and Seeland Keeper
    Hi Rugged and Tough, how quiet for sneaking through woods are Seeland Marsh and Keeper?

KR,

Mike

Hi Mike
    Keeper is almost silent, marsh is a bit more rusling. Keeper is very soft cloth, still has the double front panel and welly cover. Marsh is a tougher cloth all round, exactly the same style and finish, but the cloth is a bit more rigid, hence a bit more noise.
    Seeland are planning to reduce the rustle in future development of Marsh, but this will be either next year or the year after.

A couple of points ref fit: Keeper Jackets are large and roomy, most customers in the store will drop a size. Trousers are snug and go up a size unless they have already had a pair and know the fit.
    Marsh Jackets are slightly on the large side, trousers snug too.

Both Marsh and Keeper jackets are designed to be worn with the waist nipped in with the drawcord, so the body can look huge unless the cord is pulled in. The waist drawcords are designed to keep heat in the upper body during cold blustery days and more layers in the depth of winter and to take up the excess cloth in milder days when you might just want a shirt on under the jacket.

Top Tips for looking after the both: 100% waterproof: Only wash in non bio liquid detergent and if you start to get wetout after a year or so, use tech wash to replenish the Water-repellent outer coating

More that you asked Mike, but thought it worth going over a few points for other readers. If you need any more advise feel free to call us too on 01525 211488

All the best
    Andrew