Thread: roadside despatch

roadside despatch

just wondered what the legalities are regarding despatching wounded deer by the roadside,surely you are discharging a firearm in a public place,would you have to have permission from the police at the time

Mick, this has been pretty much done to death before - pardon the pun. you may want to use the search facility to get an update on all the arguments, ideas, thoughts and opinions.

thks bandit will try but a bit thick where computers are concerned

Mick,

the bottom line is dont. To PLOD you are nothing more than a potential criminal and he will feck you one way or another.

The will feck you up

DONT

Quote Originally Posted by mickjgardner
    thks bandit will try but a bit thick where computers are concerned
    At the top of each page there is a 'Search' button. Click on that and up comes the Search page. Type in the keyword box whatever you want to find out about on the site e.g. "Humane", scroll down a bit and then click on Search and up will pop any and all posts about 'humane' anything. You can narrow down the search by using the selection boxes on the search page.

One bit of advice ..... never, never, NEVER search for the word 'PLOD' because DieselDan leaps out of your computer screen and tears your face off!

lol cheers bandit

One bit of advice ..... never, never, NEVER search for the word 'PLOD' because DieselDan leaps out of your computer screen and tears your face off! [/QUOTE]

I just searched for PLOD and got my own face ripped off! bugger

Got invited to a best practise day and the manny did his bit on huname despatch. getting phoned after a glass or two is not what you are after,.

If you are teetotal fine
    Last edited by dieseldan; 22-02-2010 at 15:39.

In Scotland any weapon and any method my be used for humane dispatch, a charge of unnessary cruelty could still be brought
    for inappropriate method or inexpert operation.

In England A rifle must be of legal calibre and ammunition as for that species of deer, a shotgun may be used provided the deer was so serously injured that to do so was an act of mercy, a knife may also be used but a charge of unnessary suffering
    could be brought if not carried out in an expert manner.

I am sometimes called out by the police to attend R.T.A.s but I would be very wary of dealing with a roadside casualty
    without first having been called by the police.