Deer feet/skin wanted

Wingy

Not sure if this post should be in dogs & tracking but think it will get more views here. Admin feel free to move if necessary

I'm in the process of starting tracking training with my Weimaraner pup (she has done 2 short tracks on roe so far). Having taken advise from some of the experts in this field I've been told to train using Red and/or Fallow deer skin & feet ASAP in her training for reasons that make sense.
As I don't have access to anything but roe at the moment could anyone in the Wigan area help me out with a couple of feet and some skin from Red or Fallow. Preferably 1 or 2 front and back feet and skin from the same animal and as fresh (or freshly frozen) as possible
Thanks Wingy

Hi Wingy , i have 2 red stags in my chiller at clitheroe , i will be skinning one off wednesday eve if any good to you , also got some frozen feet and a bit of blood , atb arron.

Just been and collected skin, feet & a few bottles of blood from Arron, should get me off on the right track-so to speak, absolutely top guy & another example of the helpful SD community at its best
Thanks Wingy

Just been and collected skin, feet & a few bottles of blood from Arron, should get me off on the right track-so to speak, absolutely top guy & another example of the helpful SD community at its best
Thanks Wingy
Cheers Wingy , glad to help ,regards Arron.

Hi Wingy, out of interest at what age did you start her on tracks? I'm getting a Weimaraner pup shortly and wonder how soon I should start. My previous Weimaraner was fully trained when I got her so it's going to be a learning curve for us both!

regards,
Ff

Hi, started her off at 5 months old after taking advice from George (wolverine) off this site I was late getting started! Must admit she has taken to it very well 2 small tracks on roe skin & 1 on red so far. Going to start on feet next week.

Hi, started her off at 5 months old after taking advice from George (wolverine) off this site I was late getting started! Must admit she has taken to it very well 2 small tracks on roe skin & 1 on red so far. Going to start on feet next week.
Great, Thanks Wingy, I might quiz you in a couple of months when the pup arrives.
I could post you some feet if you need them when I get my next deer.
Ff

Great, Thanks Wingy, I might quiz you in a couple of months when the pup arrives.
Ff

Thanks but I have a few red & roe to keep me going for a while.
Just did a track with feet & a couple of blood drops the other day. It slowed her down through brambles but she did brilliant. I'm well pleased

Ff

Hi Firefly
Don't forget to save yourself a few sets of hooves for when you start with the pup... Can be surprising how many bits you will use during training
i can use upto 4 hooves a week depending on how many training tracks I do and how your dog will cope
look forward to seeing the new arrival in the future

Hi Firefly
Don't forget to save yourself a few sets of hooves for when you start with the pup... Can be surprising how many bits you will use during training
i can use upto 4 hooves a week depending on how many training tracks I do and how your dog will cope
look forward to seeing the new arrival in the future
Stone you are quite right, I had better start building up a stock myself and a few bottles of blood too !

Cheers, Ff

Back