replacement stock has arrived

bobjs

well i saved up for a long time and found the stock i was searching for,

:) and it has just spent the best part of 6 weeks on its way from Australia.

and am i chuffed with it.

looks the dogs. just need a set of stock sling studs with black spacers and i'll be well chuffed.

bob.

Hi Mike

sadly not as yet the camera is at home.

its nothing special its just a very nice original stock that i have been looking for since i got my 20 tac,

sako s/491 sporter in 223 was the rifle but now in 20 tactical mike, just a nice condition stock and a lot cheaper even with the shipping from AUS (well thats not true,) i did find one other in europe but it was for a varmint and they wanted £350 for the stock that had more dinks than the one i have ?

never the less i'm well happy and its bedded as well :)

bob.

not bad Mike to say it was $250 ozzy dollars with full shipping, i have not long finished the seating of my barrel and action and the clearance from the barrel channel is 3 mm each side, so now i have a old stock that i don't mind dinking and if it gets trashed i will have a cracking walnut spare sat here for the we rifle :)

well chuffed.

bob.

:D that could just be the answer to my plan for the sako 75 the wood is perfect and wish a plastic stock that i don't mind trashing or bashing :doh:, could you give over the info as to how to get one feller :thumb:

:D that could just be the answer to my plan for the sako 75 the wood is perfect and wish a plastic stock that i don't mind trashing or bashing :doh:, could you give over the info as to how to get one feller :thumb:

Hi Big Man

I should have said,##

new stock (well new to me) arrived.

the top one is the one and only S/491 hunter stock i could find (and it came all the way from YASS in OZ) to have as a good stock should i sell the 20 tac, and the grey stock is my old wooden one that james Jager SA sorted for me, whet it means is i have a nice stock and a hunting stock that i do not mind getting bumped around etc.

sad i know but nothing wrong with a nice bit of walnut.

bob.

So true feller, gavin at anglo custom done such a nice job on my walnut stock i don't wish to bash it up ! and i know i will . so i need a stock that's not a Mc'y dees one unless there is a used one as i can't see the cost in them thats nr the price of a few outings on the roe !! mind you i do like the gray laminate's that i'v seen around i would't feel so bad should i scratch it or dent it .

So to that aim i am thinking has anyone got a trashed stock thumb type for a sako 75 308 max action don't mind pink blue or spots ill have james do me another good job on it just no splits or delaminated ,as long as its inlet for said action :thumb:

Last edited:
Now that is a thing of beauty !

cheers David

Sako S/491 Hunter, in 222,

Semi custom as in rebarreled in 20 Tactical (same as a 204 but cost less to fly)i have done the trigger myself and its like a laser beam.this is my go to rifle for vermin control.

The bottom stock had more bumps than a back street in Baghdad and james at Jager SA on this forum sorted it out (done a cracking job) then about 3 weeks ago the stock developed a small crack, so i had to drill down through the rear of the tang area and then fix it using a long reach bond bolt (bolt that has glue in it) until this came from OZ,

happily it worked (the repair) so i was even happier when the replacement arrived, its a nice bit of wood so i got stuck into it as it was bedded for the oldd 222 action and barrel.

now thats done its a set of swivel stock screws and a good polish...job done.

regards

bob.

So true feller, gavin at anglo custom done such a nice job on my walnut stock i don't wish to bash it up ! and i know i will . so i need a stock that's not a Mc'y dees one unless there is a used one as i can't see the cost in them thats nr the price of a few outings on the roe !! mind you i do like the gray laminate's that i'v seen around i would't feel so bad should i scratch it or dent it .

So to that aim i am thinking has anyone got a trashed stock thumb type for a sako 75 308 max action don't mind pink blue or spots ill have james do me another good job on it just no splits or delaminated ,as long as its inlet for said action :thumb:

Hi Paul

I will keep my eye out for one and place a wanted on the forum i got this on and see what pops up.

hope alls well with the family.

regards and respect

bob.

Back