Thread: Tenebraex Tactical Scope Covers (50mm)

Tenebraex Tactical Scope Covers (50mm)

I ordered the above covers for my S&B 50mm objective and eye piece.

Because I have low mounts I found out the hard way that I could not fit the objective cover on. The objective screws on to your scope's objective thread forming a solid seal and is very strong, it is specific to S&B but other adapters can be bought I believe. To my cost I dismantled the objective hinge to see if that would make a difference however I still couldn't get it to fit. In the process I have not been able to get the cover to flip back up due to my lack of knowledge of the set up and positioning of the spring. I cannot see any damage to it.

I returned them to the retailer and they could not sort it out and would not refund me, nor work with me to off load them. They returned these to me (plus postage!!) and now I have them for sale as they are no use to me.

I believe these are more suited to PMII's etc.

I paid 108.

I accept the objective is not flipping up now but I'm sure someone out there could get it to work.

I'm after 75 delivered. I can post pics later if needed.

Am I right in assuming that the covers do not function as intended at the moment? May be interested if they work

The eye piece does, it clips on I am told. The company I bought them from sells these attached to PMII's. The objective does not function as intended due to the spring not being attached correctly. Someone technically minded who could play around with it may get it to work. It opens and closes as normal so they function. Apart from that they are brand new. I was able to screw the objective in slightly and as such the painted thread reflects this.

Cheers

I have a set of these on my PM2.

If the potential buyer of these wants some close up photos to possibly aid in putting them back together, send me a PM.

Cheers

Thanks Buck, they are awesome covers there's no doubt.

These are now in perfect working order. I have replaced the spring myself to the object flip-up and it is now working. Shame the company I bought them from were not able to do this. Grab your self a bargain, these are brand new or they will sell on another site.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil12 View Post
    These are now in perfect working order. I have replaced the spring myself to the object flip-up and it is now working. Shame the company I bought them from were not able to do this. Grab your self a bargain, these are brand new or they will sell on another site.
    They are in my mind the only flip up covers to have on a PM2. Given how much the scope costs to buy, what is 75 to protect your investment??

Good luck with the sale.

I'll have em !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Thanks buck.
    I would rather give this saving to a fellow SD member than return them.

Sold to tackb pending payment and the usual...

Cheers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	46062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	46063
    Last edited by Basil12; 21-08-2014 at 18:19. Reason: pics