Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Conquest

Zeiss Conquest

Has anyone used the new Zeiss Conquest /duralyt replacement ? Any reviews so far ?

I had a client recently using one , i thought my 6-24x56 was good , the new conquest is every bit as good or better

Interesting, SolwayStalker. Which 6-24x56 do you have?

To the OP, I am confirmed Zeiss tart and, having Victory HT on the stalking guns and use Victory HT binos. The reason I mention this is that I was getting fed up with spotting rabbits with the binos then losing them in the scope that was on my Anschutz 1417. The scope on this gun was a Weaver Tactical 4.5-14x44 (now being made as a Lightstream) so it was quite bright anyway, but still way behind the Zeiss.

So, I was looking for a low to mid mag reasonably compact scope with bright optics and took a chance on the Conquest DL 2-8x42. So far, I have been very pleased. I haven't got around to comparing it directly with the Victory Range, but the gap between what I can see in the binos has been closed drastically. When I do switch to the lamp, just a touch of red allows me to pick out rabbits beyond the range of the gun.

The scope itself has a very robust feel, the turrets dial reliably and I like the compact form factor and finish. I never really liked the Duralyt semi-grey finish - it seemed to cheapen the scope.

Hope that helps.

regards

Ian

Zeiss on all my rifles , the next new scope will be the Conquest

I was wondering which model 6-24x56 you meant. I run the Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x56 T* FL on my .223. It is, without doubt, an awesome scope and the image quality is amazing..... until you compare it with a Victory HT. But, it has parallax adjustment, higher mag and is basically a varminting style scope.

Now, I wonder what a VICTORY V8 2.8–20x56 is like..... best of both worlds?

regards

Ian

Thanks for the responses , I already use a Zeiss 8x56 on my 243 and the Conquest seems to fit the bill for my new rifle.

Griffer has one , i hadnt used one until he was up a couple of weeks back , im hoping to get a new rifle soon il definately be putting a conquest on it

I'm thinking that the 3-12x56 il will be just about perfect for the soon to be purchased .270 Sako.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitter View Post
    I was wondering which model 6-24x56 you meant. I run the Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x56 T* FL on my .223. It is, without doubt, an awesome scope and the image quality is amazing..... until you compare it with a Victory HT. But, it has parallax adjustment, higher mag and is basically a varminting style scope.

Now, I wonder what a VICTORY V8 2.8–20x56 is like..... best of both worlds?

regards

Ian
    I think im correct in saying the V8 wont be for sale in the UK

The conquest range of scopes is American market only. The new range is only lacking a 30mm tube over the diavri range.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"