Thread: lansky diamond stones

lansky diamond stones

Where do you fellas buy your lansky stones from ?
    Can you recommend anywhere cheap in the uk that sells all their products ?

Should try pm these guys I bought a lansky sharpener off them always more than happy to help so may be able to point you in the right direction they have a few lansky items on there website.

The Stalking Directory

Also the link to here website Forest and Hill - Good Kit makes a real difference
    David
    Last edited by davidm; 19-08-2014 at 22:35.

DM - thank you for the pointer.

Devil Bri - we are Lansky Dealers and can get hold of anything their Official Distributor has.

Diamond products are a bit of a minefield. They are very effective at metal removal - which is required in some cases, but my personal preference remains with fine ceramic/ stropping combination. The other element with diamond products is they fall into two broad camps - Poly and Mono crystalline. This is one reason for the considerable price difference between products. All too often the product is not clearly marked.

Not lecturing - its a personal choice. I love the Lansky ceramic products and their Arkansas stuff, but tend to find their diamond gear is poly-crystalline and very aggressive. We tried the diamond rod box and 'fine for fine' against the ceramic version found it very aggressive - to the extent I reserve it for taking dinks out of my axe!

Displaying all the usual traits of our bizarre approach to hard sell, money grabbing self promotion - if diamond is calling to you I'd recommend DMT, Fallkniven DC4 ( neither of which we do! ) or a quality mono-xtal stone from a reputable supplier like Axminster Tool.

Hope that helps.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Ive always just bought mine off the evilbay....

SD Regular
    Good and generous advice as ever from Moray. If you're stuck on Lanksy - http://www.heinnie.com/ have always been very good and competitive for me - they'll probably stock the other items too
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    DM - thank you for the pointer.

Devil Bri - we are Lansky Dealers and can get hold of anything their Official Distributor has.

Diamond products are a bit of a minefield. They are very effective at metal removal - which is required in some cases, but my personal preference remains with fine ceramic/ stropping combination. The other element with diamond products is they fall into two broad camps - Poly and Mono crystalline. This is one reason for the considerable price difference between products. All too often the product is not clearly marked.

Not lecturing - its a personal choice. I love the Lansky ceramic products and their Arkansas stuff, but tend to find their diamond gear is poly-crystalline and very aggressive. We tried the diamond rod box and 'fine for fine' against the ceramic version found it very aggressive - to the extent I reserve it for taking dinks out of my axe!

Displaying all the usual traits of our bizarre approach to hard sell, money grabbing self promotion - if diamond is calling to you I'd recommend DMT, Fallkniven DC4 ( neither of which we do! ) or a quality mono-xtal stone from a reputable supplier like Axminster Tool.

Hope that helps.
    Well you can't expect a more honest and fair, none self promoting reply and advice than that!

I am a Lansky user but stick with the ceramic stones version.