Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morton latest.

Morton latest.

Spoke to Paul yesterday at Morton range'he had a meeting with the police and was told under no circumstances is expanding ammo to be allowed on the range. Basically he's was told expanding ammo should only be purchased, used on live quarry.He has a range inspection on Friday and everything going ok should be open next week.so to sum it up full metal jackets only.

Quote Originally Posted by macfarlane View Post
    Spoke to Paul yesterday at Morton range'he had a meeting with the police and was told under no circumstances is expanding ammo to be allowed on the range. .

That'll be the A-Max's ok then

Ed
    Last edited by LuckyEddie; 20-08-2014 at 06:08.

He's been given incorrect information.
    Hope he has it in writing as it will cost him money in lost business...stalkers wanting to zero etc.
    Last edited by private fraser; 20-08-2014 at 06:30.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

There was talk of a range near Stirling under way. Anyone know anything ??

Spoke to Paul yesterday at Morton range'he had a meeting with the police and was told under no circumstances is expanding ammo to be allowed on the range. Basically he's was told expanding ammo should only be purchased, used on live quarry.
    That simply can't be true - there are plenty of ranges that allow stalkers to work up loads, practice and zero. This appears to be someone taking a very narrow reading of the law and failing to understand that, in order to shoot at live quarry, you first have to make sure your bullet is going where you're aiming. Surely time to get someone like BASC involved?

Spoke to Paul yesterday at Morton range'he had a meeting with the police and was told under no circumstances is expanding ammo to be allowed on the range. Basically he's was told expanding ammo should only be purchased, used on live quarry.He has a range inspection on Friday and everything going ok should be open next week.so to sum it up full metal jackets only.
    Clearly the police representative does not understand the law. This should be challenged immediately and one of the shooting organisations be involved.

I think the Police may be following NRA bells and whistles.When myself and another member on this forum met with Paul it was Paul who stipulated that FMJ would be used as concerns of bullet fragmentation splashing back on his camera system and damaging his bullet catching curtain.Its a pity as like many on this forum was looking forward to get the use of an all weather range and fine tune some hunting loads,will just have to toe the line with the solids !!!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Agreed re the law on this being misinterpreted if that is indeed what the police have said.

BASC and BDS should be involved.
    Last edited by private fraser; 20-08-2014 at 08:25.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by mark-joppa View Post
    it was Paul who stipulated that FMJ would be used as concerns of bullet fragmentation splashing back on his camera system and damaging his bullet catching curtain.
    This seems like s atrange decision since I was given to understand that he was using a system commonly used on the continent by hunters!

Is there actual evidence that expanding ammo can cause these sorts of problems in a properly designed range?

As I have said before, this is commercial suicide at its best!!