Is goretex to loud for stalking red hinds

David78b

Is a berghaus goretex jacket and army surples goretex trousers to noisy to go red hind stalking in. Thanks

If it's wet enough to need it, then it's probably raining, that being the case, the rain will drown out (pun intended) any rustle from the gore-tex, which is quieter when wet anyway

My experience is that hikers in bright colours can walk through anywhere chatting away and deer ignore them.
Stalkers are the one's who have problems.......

Stan

If I have to resort to my wet weather gear to stalk in, which is not often, as the canopy in most places I hunt is so thick it keeps the rain off, I put a thin polar fleece shirt over the top of the Gortex to stop the scratchy bush noise. The biggest problem doing this is that I get very warm.

Same principal as when walking through a field carrying a walking stick, you will see thousands of pidgeons etc and they don't give you a second glance.
Walk the same field carrying a shotgun and it will be devoid of birds in seconds :lol:

A Goretex Berghaus jacket will be a bit noisier than a jacket made for fieldsports with a goretex layer within, but even so, in most circumstances I can't see it being a factor.

Back