Thread: Swarovski open day

Swarovski open day

Anybody going to the Swarovski open day at Calton Moor range on Saturday 13th September ?
    Introducing their personal ballistic turret and can have one set up for your own rifle / scope / ammunition
    Further information contact Swarovski on 01737 856812
    An event I'm attending but have no connection or involvement with
    Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

think i may turn up, do you have to book in or just turn up wingy ????

It's just turn up, no booking needed

I thought Calton Moor had connections with Zeiss... ????
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Zeiss and Swarovski

Any good retailer should be able to offer the choice

Well turned up at about 1230 hrs and was met at the door by Mike who introduced me to reps from BASC (already a member) & Swarovski over a cup of coffee. Then off to the 100 yard/metre pipe range to chronograph my home loads. All the data was then put into a ballistics program before going over to shoot at 200, 300, 400 & 500 yard targets and a play with the new Blaser rifle. Then back for a chat over another coffee.
    Mike was the perfect hosts and a really nice bloke with a set up 2nd to none I've visited in the past.
    But to be really honest in my opinion the personal balistic cap would restrict the flexibility of a rifle set up. Limiting it to the use of just one bullet type (the one it was set up for). A very nice toy never the less. All in all a good day out.
    Wingy

Hi wingy
    I have a swaro bt on two of my scopes and love them, however having viewed the new set up specific offering at Kelso earlier this year I came to the same opinion as yourself that it looks and works excellent but anything at all gets changed and it's no longer accurate, we're as with the original unit you just recrono the rifle and adjust to suit
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Hi wingy
    I have a swaro bt on two of my scopes and love them, however having viewed the new set up specific offering at Kelso earlier this year I came to the same opinion as yourself that it looks and works excellent but anything at all gets changed and it's no longer accurate, we're as with the original unit you just recrono the rifle and adjust to suit
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Exactly, the only advantage I could see over the original ballistic turret would be if set at 100, 300, 500 & 700 yards for example everything in between would also be marked. Where as the original would have to count clicks

Sadly I couldn't make the open day due to family commitments.

I only run one load through my hunting rifle as it works on everything exceedingly well. I will look at the new turret in closer detail.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"