Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mating Dogs

Question Mating Dogs

Mated my HWV bitch a few nights back and they tided and the dog turned but only together for a minute or two before breaking (both being held at the time) I just wonder if any one has had such an experience and what was the outcome.
    We did try to get them mated a few night latter but the dog just couldn't hit the target.

My teckels didn't tie at all only on her for a few seconds but as they say he did the business.Pups are due first week in Sept don't think there will be many in litter but first time you don't want too big a litter .so hope your lucky like I was

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Horn View Post
    Mated my HWV bitch a few nights back and they tided and the dog turned but only together for a minute or two before breaking (both being held at the time) I just wonder if any one has had such an experience and what was the outcome.
    We did try to get them mated a few night latter but the dog just couldn't hit the target.
    Just curious. When you said (both being held at the time) do you mean you actually physically did hold both to force the mating to happen instead of things happening naturally.

Hi slink dog
    Lets hope my bitch ends up with pups like yours did, good luck with the pups

Hi weeman
    The mating was normal no force involved or required, once dog turned on his own both held to stop bitch and dog getting hurt so didn't break the tie do to force of them running around.

Thanks for the interest
    Norfolk Horn

As long as the stud had a chance to shoot the silly string they don't need to be tied for ages.
    As mentioned above, slip mating.. .

Thanks
    Had a read up on slip mating and it sounds hope full, I will keep you posted

If the sire is who I think it is then they should make great pups. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    That is known as a slip mating.
    or wham bang thank you maam?

Bad News
    Had my bitch scanned and she is empty real shame as the dog is a cracking worker, but that's life I guess!!!. I will wait till she is in heat again but as she isn't three yet time is on our side.
    Thanks for the input even yours bobt as that did make me smile.