Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Domestic flights that carry firearms (FAC PCP)

  1. #1

    Domestic flights that carry firearms (FAC PCP)

    I might be picking up an FAC air rifle (Theoben Rapid, 3 litre bottle, and bits) from Cornwall.

    Trouble is, I don't much fancy the 8+ hour each way drive.

    Given that we're talking about an FAC PCP, does anyone happen to know of domestic flights that allow these types of firearms to be transported ?

    I will be making some calls tomorrow to find out but it would be great if someone already happens to know.

    Thanks for looking
    Last edited by .30-06; 21-08-2014 at 19:45.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by .30-06 View Post
    I might be picking up an FAC air rifle (Theoben Rapid, 3 litre bottle, and bits) from Cornwall.

    Trouble is, I don't much fancy the 8+ hour each way drive.

    Given that we're talking about an FAC PCP, does anyone happen to know of domestic flights that allow these types of firearms to be transported ?

    I will be making some calls tomorrow to find out but it would be great if someone already happens to know.

    Thanks for looking
    RFD 2 RFD will always be cheaper.

    Stan

  3. #3
    Ask about the cylinder too, when I used to dive they were funny about that as well.

  4. #4
    Thanks for the above.

    Can I write a letter of authorisation for another shooter to courier my new purchase (same day) ?

    He will be in the area and also has an FAC.

    Assume my FAC is filled in by the seller and everything is packaged up.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by .30-06 View Post
    Thanks for the above.

    Can I write a letter of authorisation for another shooter to courier my new purchase (same day) ?

    He will be in the area and also has an FAC.

    Assume my FAC is filled in by the seller and everything is packaged up.
    No you can't.
    the only way would be if he had a spare slot for the rifle on his ticket, then the seller would sign it onto his ticket (effectively selling to your mate) then he would bring it to you and sign it onto your ticket (effectively selling it to you)

  6. #6
    OK, as I feared and expected.

    Back to the drawing board.

  7. #7
    Could you not just treat it as a normal non-FAC air rifle? Ensure the buddy bottle is unscrewed or the reservoir empty and put it in your hold luggage?

    Tom

  8. #8
    As it's fac you'd need to declare it. They are likely to want any pressure vessels emptied too. I believe that all UK airlines allow sporting arms in hold luggage, as long gone as they are properly informed in accordance with their terms and conditions.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NoIDeer View Post
    Ask about the cylinder too, when I used to dive they were funny about that as well.
    +1 - the cylinder would be my main cause for concern. There was a flight that went down in the States, the everglades I think, because improperly marked-empty oxygen bottles.

    There is even a ban on shipping perfurme in some countries as it can become flammable when pressurized.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FISMA View Post
    +1 - the cylinder would be my main cause for concern. There was a flight that went down in the States, the everglades I think, because improperly marked-empty oxygen bottles.

    There is even a ban on shipping perfurme in some countries as it can become flammable when pressurized.
    It was a DC9 that went down and it was improperly configured passenger oxygen generators which were placed next to aircraft tyres. One of the generators activated and the byproduct of O2 generation is heat. O2 , heat and combustible material (tyre) caused the fire and the aircraft to fall out the sky.
    The cylinder would have to be declared and checked near empty. We do carry our own O2 cylinders on board but these are not classed as luggage. Check with the airline well before you travel.
    regards
    Norm

Similar Threads

  1. Badger taking a domestic rabbit??
    By Holley_A in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 26-03-2014, 10:35
  2. easylet domestic flight / ammo
    By Sav in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 21:02
  3. Best way to dispatch large domestic ducks?
    By PointBlank in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 14-03-2012, 08:36
  4. Domestic livestock
    By Morgy in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 00:17
  5. Domestic CS gas
    By finnbear270 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-12-2009, 22:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •